Haunted Shores Megathread - Viscera EP out now

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Did a search, came up empty handed. That may be due to lack of tagging, but I wanted to be on the safe side because from what I can tell of the overall listening preferences around the forum, I think that quite a few of you will enjoy this band from my area:

HAUNTED SHORES on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

So, they don't play 7 strings (though I hope to convert Mark some day if I can help it..) but the riffs are just RAD and I know a lot of you will dig them. :metal:

Bonus points for the song "Blood in the Sand" featuring guest vocals from Casey Sabol (formerly Periphery), Arkadius (Suidakra), & a guest solo from Alan Simpson (This Time It's War). Awesome tune.

The album 'Following Ivy' just came out a few weeks ago give or take, and I highly recommend it and it's predecessor 'Maelstrom', both are on iTunes and other sites, I'm pretty sure.

*edit* also, I'm not sure if they're still 'a band' or not, since the drummer Chris 'took an indefinite hiatus from drumming' last November (same drummer/same reason my band is sans-drummer at the moment) and the bass player Jeff just moved to Alaska, but dammit these 2 recordings are top-notch and worth it whether or not the band is still together.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ubarhax

Reaction score
I got there album on Amazon a while back. I've only heard it twice but I really like it. It's real solid metalcore that reminds me a lot of Misery Signals. I love their melodic choruses.

windu

Reaction score
one of my favorite bands! haunted shores is amazing. i have maelstrom and following ivy, got them as soon as they were available! love crown of ages, blood in the sand and abdonom bay

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
one of my favorite bands! haunted shores is amazing. i have maelstrom and following ivy, got them as soon as they were available! love crown of ages, blood in the sand and abdonom bay

Noticing you're from Texas..

Fun exercise in 6 degrees of separation:

Texas band At All Cost -- features dude named Trey on guitar

Before moving to Texas, Trey helped form the NoVA band Time of Cholera (not to mention UrbanStyle), which also had Chris from Haunted Shores (not to mention Set By Satellite, which I play in) on drums.

Everybody knows everybody. ;)

Lilarcor

Reaction score
Definitely a talented bunch of guys. One of the few metalcore bands I really like. Great songwriting.

windu

Reaction score
Noticing you're from Texas..

Fun exercise in 6 degrees of separation:

Texas band At All Cost -- features dude named Trey on guitar

Before moving to Texas, Trey helped form the NoVA band Time of Cholera (not to mention UrbanStyle), which also had Chris from Haunted Shores (not to mention Set By Satellite, which I play in) on drums.

Everybody knows everybody. ;)

lol nice! trey is now in a band called pack of wolves. didnt know he came from VA!

and at all cost is a pretty gnarly band as well (now that i think about it, how old is trey o_O

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
That detail I don't know. Somewhere *close* to my age range, (I'm 29) but I have no idea specifically. If I had to guess I'd say he's probably a year or two younger than me, but he could be older for all I know. Friend of a friend kinda scenario -- I only really spoke with him two or three times, and this was all back in 2002-2004ish. I think he left VA between 03 and 04.

Time of Cholera was pretty fucking amazing when they first started with him. I like what they've done since he left too, but they had something really special with him. I remember their first show ever -- it was absurd.

Anyway, glad to see all these positive responses for Haunted Shores. :metal:

Fred

Reaction score
Gotta love a bit of HS madness. Every now and then I'll be scrolling through my iPod trying to remember the name of that band whose grooves always elicit a grin from me and will go through God knows how many before I finally remember it's Haunted Shores, haha. Sounds stupid but this has happened to me far too many times now!

windu

Reaction score
becuase i remember trey playing in my hometown like 100 times lol. when i was in my freshman year in highschool

hes a original member of at all cost i know for sure, so damn that musta been a long ass time ago lol

bulb

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Mark wanted us to do a FF7 cover for the Haunted Shores ep we are doing, and since we couldnt really pick one thing we decided to do a medley of sorts. It was a real labor of love because we kinda obsessed over getting as many of the the details and layers into our interpretation as possiboo!
Used the Jp7 and the Axefx for this one!
Anyways, its called "Prelude Bombfare" and you can hear it here:

HAUNTED SHORES - Final Fantasy VII cover posted! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
or
Bulb - New Song: Prelude Bombfare - FF7 Cover!! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

or
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8270397 if you want to download/listen to in better quality!

Enjoy!

Bleak

Reaction score
Greatest fucking song ever, and you guys did it great justice. Holy shit. So good.

natspotats

Reaction score
i for one am a huge final fantasy fan, especially 7

this song was fuckin beautiful. i cried tears of unfathomable pleasure

lobee

vicioustabbing
Reaction score
A-MAZING! I've been listening to a lot of Uematsu lately. Serious Nobuo-gasms going on over here!:wub3:

')