Haunted Shores Megathread - Viscera EP out now

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BuckarooBanzai

Reaction score
**EDIT: I wrote a paragraph or so that was basically conjecture because for some odd reason this thread looked entirely different just a few minutes ago having NONE of the above posts from Misha... I have NO idea what happened, perhaps a hiccup in the SQL or something.

In any event I'm pretty sad that Chris won't be on the album; I thought that his work on the EP was terrific, especially on Oslo in particular. And mad props to you Misha for not giving us "the full story..." Quite frankly it's nobody's damn business but your guys', and if we ask it's only because we are naturally curious.

Gothberg

I'm a rookie, eh?
Reaction score
I'm really waiting for the other singers to get some shit up, the list looks incredible

bulb

Reaction score
If you guys really want to know ill tell you, but the sad thing is that even if I stick to just basic facts that even chris can't argue nor deny it is still an infuriating situation haha
Even his own friends who know the full story agree that we should have kicked him out...

Verity

Reaction score
Honestly, I think it'd be best for you to just clear the air now.

You've put so many statements out there (not being a dick, merely stating the obvious) that I think the best thing for everyone would be to do so.

I'm not one of those people who needs to pry into someone's personal life/issues, so I don't particularly care, but I think it might squash all the rumors that have circulated since his departure from Periphery.

bulb

Reaction score
Haha awesome first post dude!
Honestly i will explain it all soon, im packing right now and heading to mauritius so now is not the best time as it is VERY long, but if anything it will demystify the situation and clear up A LOT of rumors about whats going on.
But if you guys want just a taste of what happened, let me direct you here:
http://www.fiveeightforums.com/bulb...-and-pnoom-might-rape-you-t92495/index10.html
There are 2 posts that lightly touch on one of the issues that we were having with him which was really just one of the many problems that led to us kicking him out...

Ill clear it up some more in the next few days when i have some time.

KrewZ

Nurarihyon
Reaction score
Honestly i will explain it all soon, im packing right now and heading to mauritius so now is not the best time as it is VERY long, but if anything it will demystify the situation and clear up A LOT of rumors about whats going on.
http://www.fiveeightforums.com/bulb...-and-pnoom-might-rape-you-t92495/index10.html
There are 2 posts that lightly touch on one of the issues that we were having with him which was really just one of the many problems that led to us kicking him out...

That does give a little info, though it is a it vauge so a lil more detail would be nice. I look forward to what you have to say when your less booked for time.
I cant wait to see who wins the remix contest AND hearing new stuff =]

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I totally don't miss the drama that singers bring to musical projects, nor making them root beer floats everytime their lives get complicated...

Also, completely off topic, but isn't making a thread about something not having a thread kind of a self-contradiction? :lol:

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I totally don't miss the drama that singers bring to musical projects, nor making them root beer floats everytime their lives get complicated...

Also, completely off topic, but isn't making a thread about something not having a thread kind of a self-contradiction? :lol:

Well, what I made (and mind you, this thread is OLD, it's just experiencing a resurgence from the bump I made to share the soundclick link) was a thread about something that needed a thread. Not at all contradictory. ;)

BuckarooBanzai

Reaction score

...given what I've heard so far, $20 says that it involves him sleeping with someone's woman.

BuckarooBanzai

Reaction score
Oh GOD NO!! None of the women we see would ever sink THAT low haha!

What sort of implication are you making as to the depths of their possible depravity then :squint: xD I kid.

But yeah that's really unfortunate... I for one am not usually enamored with narratives about love or heartbreak unless they are very abstracted and metaphorical, so I suppose that the salvation of Racecar was a good consequence of all of this.

I DO have a more relevant question though - do you do the mastering for Haunted Shores? It seems as though the mastering on those songs in particular is a bit more brickwalled than on, say, the Periphery album release.

bulb

Reaction score
Huh, always thought Chris was a good guy, but you never know do you? Sucks you guys all had to go through with that. It's always the singers isn't it? :lol:

Dont get me wrong, hes a cool dude to hang out with, hes just not fit to be in a band imo. And that doesnt make him a bad person or anything, just has a completely different set of morals, ethics and work ethic, which i think greatly work against any band that is working their way up.
That is the overall reason that he didnt work in our band because his behavior stuck out like a sore thumb, and it made him very difficult to live with especially on the road.

Hanging out with someone and living with someone is VERY different, thats a big reason why a lot of bands go through so many member changes, especially once touring full time enters the picture.

bulb

Reaction score
Honestly we have always just done whatever we wanted, no amount of people saying this or that will ever change that, we are very fortunate to have the loyal and loving fans that we do given that we write for ourselves, because even if no one liked us, we would still do exactly what we want haha!

')