Haunted Shores Megathread - Viscera EP out now

Shrikkanth

Reaction score
Are you guys working on the Video game cover you've been thinking about much? Sounds like a good thing to do while waiting for Casey :p

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Are you guys working on the Video game cover you've been thinking about much? Sounds like a good thing to do while waiting for Casey :p

they released that cover of the Final Fantasy bit ages ago, did they say they were going to work on more?

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
they released that cover of the Final Fantasy bit ages ago, did they say they were going to work on more?

It's been hinted at, at least over on Facebook. Now that Mark's registered on the forum (finally!), hopefully he'll give us the scoop.

pineappleman

Why can I not sleep?
Reaction score
Well this is really cool and all but I can't help hearing Chris's vocals in my head on top of it. :ugh:

/awkward

MrakShores

Reaction score
Changed the song name to fit Mike's lyrics/vocals! and it's all good, anyone's welcome to prefer one or the other. Just wanted to put a different spin on it for fun!

splinter8451

Reaction score
Man... his vocals don't fit too well. Chris's were not perfect either but Mike's melodies really seem like they were thrown over top :lol:

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
Did Bulb ever consider getting Mike Semesky for Periphery before finding Spencer? Mike sounds like he would have been a good fit.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Changed the song name to fit Mike's lyrics/vocals! and it's all good, anyone's welcome to prefer one or the other. Just wanted to put a different spin on it for fun!

That makes sense. I was thinking "oh shit new song" then got confused when I heard When in Oslo with new vocals :lol:

Still a great song :metal:

Guitarholic

Booyah!
Reaction score
Well ... I was wondering ... why isn't there a thread dedicated to Haunted Shores?!?!

Anyways, I'll meet with Mark in the next couple of days and wanted to ask you guys if you have any specific questions for him. If the mods are interested we could post those questions as an interview here on ss.org.

Cheers! :shred:

pineappleman

Why can I not sleep?
Reaction score
Ask him when da fukken album's coming out. :lol: Also if he has any insider info on when Casey will return to earth, preferably with his mythical solo album.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
He actually started posting on the forum pretty recently, so it shouldn't be too hard to get questions to him here.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
Listening right now!

Edit: I'm kind of disappointed. Elliot is a fantastic vocalist, don't get me wrong, but the vocal patterns and pitch choices weren't really engaging at all. I wanted that huge section at 2:56 to be so amazing when I first heard the instrumental, but it really just busted my balls. Maybe it will grow on me. Good job, though.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Always been such an Elliot fan, but I'm really not a fan of the vocal phrasing in the screams/growls, and the cleans venture a bit too much to feel connected to the song IMO.
I know you said you didn't like what Barretto did for Sentient and Oslo, but I still haven't heard any song with any of the other singers to top that EP.

Are you still getting some of the other names you had for guests? I want to hear Jesse or Casey! :agreed:

Ninetyfour

Reaction score
I love the vocals at around 2:03! Overall I think it's pretty cool.

I think it was said somewhere that Casey would be doing vocals for Scarlet, not entirely sure what progress has been made with it though. Looking forward to it nonetheless!

')