Haunted Shores Megathread - Viscera EP out now

ElliotOMNOM

Reaction score
The screams are decent but man, I can't lock the clean vocals in at all. They sit on top of the music like blah-flavored icing on a cake. It reminds me of someone doing a mock impression of Rody from Protest The Hero :ugh:

I think I've heard maybe one protest song in my entire life.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
I like his tone but Im not a fan of the vocal production on this track. Its really dry and "separate" from the rest of the track. Just an opinion. :cheers:

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
I love the instrumental, but I've gotta say this does nothing for me. I think I'll only listen to Baretto's Haunted Shores stuff and the instrumentals from now on.

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
Elliot, you slayed this tracked. I'm really digging it.

Maggai

Slayer of the gods
Reaction score
The growls are amazingly good! I think the vocal production kinda ruins the clean vocal part a bit. I like the actualy melody that is going on, just something seems....off? And your range is damn impressive Elliot, holy smoke.

Khoi

Reaction score
doesn't look like there will be any vocals but there will be a saxophone solo on Blast Inc.!

Mattykoda

Reaction score
Harrison Fjord...... such a great name for a song haha. Glad to hear some new Haunted Shores but I'm really excited to finally hear vectors in its entirety

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
I thought Haunted Shores as a concept got folded into Periphery

This seems like an excuse to just pawn off tracks 2 metal 2 b Periph

I'm not so much of a Periphery h8r as much as I really liked Haunted Shores and Mark's "aesthetic"

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I CANNOT CONTAIN THE HYPE.

Every Haunted Shores album with the possible exception of Etherial (even that had it's moments) has blown me away.

It's been too long since they teased at this, haha. So excited. Curious as to why they redid Harrison Fjord though.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score

I'm not so much of a Periphery h8r as much as I really liked Haunted Shores and Mark's "aesthetic"
Well yeah, that's kinda the point of a side project. I remember reading an interview about how they didn't want Haunted Shores to just be rehashed Periphery songs, they're going for more of a black metal vibe on this EP. Stuff that wouldn't fit in Periphery.

Man, I bet the saxophone solo is just a big homage to Shining after they toured with them. :lol:

bulb

Reaction score
I CANNOT CONTAIN THE HYPE.

Every Haunted Shores album with the possible exception of Etherial (even that had it's moments) has blown me away.

It's been too long since they teased at this, haha. So excited. Curious as to why they redid Harrison Fjord though.

We wanted to write new stuff, but thought we should redo one old song, and that's the one that made the most sense to Mark and me. I'm really happy we did that song too, because I think it really came out so much better than the original demo.

bulb

Reaction score

Some HS stuff really inspired Spencer, and after hearing his vocals on those songs it was pretty clear they should become Periphery songs.

With this Ep we wanted to write fast songs for the most part, and that's stuff that just happens to not work so well for Periphery, so I think the Viscera Ep sounds pretty damn different, hopefully some of you guys will enjoy it!

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for sharing this! Always wanted a Misha album without the vox. Been waiting since I heard him on Soundcloud.

Latest posts

')