Have you ever caught a pick at a gig

• Thread starter sweepingDemon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stealth7

Reaction score
An Adrian Smith pick from the Somewhere Back in Time tour

Two Steve Morse picks, one was handed to me after he played the Smoke on the Water solo, don't know how I got the other one and a Roger Glover bass pick as well

A Steve Vai pick that he played The Audience is Listening with

A string that Yngwie ripped off during his solo spot

A drum stick from Van in Nevermore

A pick from a guy in Alice Coopers band

A Kirk Hammett Jazz III and some random three sided Metallica pick
And another Metallica one that I got at Big Day Out on the St. Anger tour, it was thrown into the crowd and landed right in front of me, as people were looking for it I put my foot on it and picked it up as I pretended to tie my shoelaces. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The_Mop

Want to make $60?
Reaction score
Yeah, a bunch. Got one from Chimaira, Fear Factory and Nine Inch Nails. Truth be told the only one I'm not embarrased about there is the NIN one. I've got them on my wall, so might get some pics on here in a bit :p

I've also got a Jazz 3 thrown at me by leah from Aliases as she was finishing off the set, didn't actually try and catch it but it landed on me. She's an old mate so we had a bit of laugh later and asked if she wanted it back :p

Mr-Jemhead93

I think I'm profound
Reaction score
I was at a revocation show and Dave Davidson threw a pick straight at me and i tried catching it but but it fell and the dude next to me picked it up I just looked at the dude and nodded my head accepting that he took it instead. The dude then handed me the pick and nodded his head. We had a telepathic conversation.....

muffinbutton

knows the muffin man
Reaction score
I was at a revocation show and Dave Davidson threw a pick straight at me and i tried catching it but but it fell and the dude next to me picked it up I just looked at the dude and nodded my head accepting that he took it instead. The dude then handed me the pick and nodded his head. We had a telepathic conversation.....

That guy is awesome. I was at a show and somebody jumped and caught a drumstick only to have somebody take it right from his hand. I think he eventually got it back though.

Mr-Jemhead93

I think I'm profound
Reaction score
That guy is awesome. I was at a show and somebody jumped and caught a drumstick only to have somebody take it right from his hand. I think he eventually got it back though.
ya that guy made that show for me i just remember thinking "this is the coolest dude ever!" Ya ive seen many fights over drumsticks its pretty hilarious sometimes other times not so much...

sahaal

Reaction score
I got Alexi Laiho's in like 08 or 09 maybe, other than that the girl I took to Eric Church caught his pick. He's a great wingman haha

7strung

Reaction score
Peeled a Jeff Hanneman sig pick of someone's sweaty back during Slayer's tour for undisputed attitude!

Caught Dimebag & Hammet picks as well....

Big_taco

Reaction score
Snagged an Unearth pick at Sounds of the Underground '05. I carried it in my wallet for years and ended it up using it at band practice one day when I forgot picks. I realized it was the same thickness and size I love and ended up using it for quite a few shows as it refused to wear down. If I remember right it was Buz's .

Blitzie

Reaction score
Cliff from Fair to Midland.

James Hetfield 2004 and 2009. And I have one of the beachballs from the Death Magnetic tour, specifically from the Washington DC show in January.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
Got one from dime that he gave me. Its in a frame now. I have more from other bands but the pick dime handed me is my prized one.

zakattak192

Reaction score
I caught a Gary Holt pick in my hair when Exodus and Testament opened for Megadeth in Baltimore in 2010. My dad caught a Michael Wilton pick when he saw Queensryche in Las Vegas.

I must say the best thing I've ever caught at a show, however, is a rib (I like to think it's human) from when Nunslaughter played "Sacrificial Zombie" at Maryland Deathfest 2011.

mcsalty

Keepin' it Kodos
Reaction score
i have Michael Keene's pick, as well as AJ Minette's :leon:

')