Have you ever caught a pick at a gig

• Thread starter sweepingDemon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
When I was 18, I caught one from Mark Morton of Lamb of God when I saw them in Edmonton on December 7th, 2008.
I had front row on the floor, right at the gate! Mark was just 5 feet in front of me! He had thrown one to my buddy after a song and I screamed at my buddy "YOU LUCKY BASTARD!!!" :lol: and Mark chuckled, he walked back to grab more picks, walked back to us and threw a pick to me :fawk:
Here's a google picture of the guitar pick!
mBg6Ys98KvBGwcdjkXGxtww.jpg

When I got home to Nunavut after the Edmonton show, I grabbed a necklace chain, drilled a tiny hole on the oh so fvcking cool purple Sacrament era Lamb of God Mark Morton 1.14 Dunlop Tortex pick and made it into a necklace and I wore it all the time!

Here's a picture of me from April 10th, 2009. I was wearing that Lamb of God pick-necklace when I accidently met Randy Blythe!! YEAH!
23768_10150156082735174_2125332_n.jpg

...Unfortunately, I lost it after I helped my mother in-law (mother out-law) move from one house to another :wallbash: I miss that guitar pick necklace so much!

Basti

not much space to wr
Reaction score
Last night i was at a suffocation gig and at the end of the night they threw out their picks like what most bands do, I managed to catch a pick.
Have you ever caught one?

Duude that was a kickass tour :hbang: I caught David Sanchez's pick, after all I was mostly there for Havok

As for Suffocation I got a picture with Terrance and Guy instead :banana:

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
Nearly caught one from Jon of Shadows Fall. Some sweaty bastard in a BLS toque jumped in front of me for it.

My ex girlfriend gave me a drumstick from a Baptized in Blood show (anyone heard of them) a couple months before we split. It's still sitting on my bedside table. I think it was from my fourth or fifth Baptized show. The only one she actually went to. Mind you the show was before we were dating, and the stick is hella busted up.

Basti

not much space to wr
Reaction score
A guy at the Havok gig jumped onto the stage and snagged the drumsticks :lol:

The Munk

Reaction score
I caught one of Sean Yseult's picks at a White Zombie show......right between the eyes. She was using those thick triangular picks. Something around 2mm. That thing flew like a shuriken.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
When i was about 15 I went to a Vai concert with my dad. Dave Weiner threw one of his picks and it landed at the feet of the guy sitting next to me. The guy didnt even notice it landed nect to him and I could have easily taken it, but for some reason I decided that would be unfair so I brought the pick to his attention. He didnt even thank me. Still regret that 5 years on.

Miijk

Walking E-string
Reaction score
Not me personally, altho my bandmate caught about 3 of Stephen Carpenters picks when they played here in sweden and gave me one of em! Shaweet!

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
No, but I saw some dumbass try to fight a girl over a pick at an AIC unplugged concert... :nuts:

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
The guy from Heartist threw it on the box right in front of the barricade so the security guy picked up and I just said "I play guitar, give it to me!" and he did. :D

sniperfreak223

B.C. Rich loyalist
Reaction score
I have a whole tin of them...everyone from Anthrax (Scott Ian and Frank Bello) to Testament (Eric Petersen), and everything in between, including a couple of Dimebag's (One from the FBD tour, one from RTS, and one from the Damageplan days), and, with his recent passing, four from Mr. Jeff Hanneman, among others...

Pat_tct

Reaction score
got the pick of Jake Bowen after a gig they played.
really cool cause he is one of my fav guitar players.
plus: got to hang out with the guys after the show (with spence, marc and blake and dustie of btbam and the "the safety fire"-guys)

kris_jammage

Reaction score
I've caught quite a few and found quite a few at gigs. I collect them as well so I sometimes buy them from other collecters that may have gotten them at gigs, from the artists or tour crew.

I caught/found:

James Hetfield "Racing Stripe" pick from a gig in Dublin 2003. Quite rare apparently, but havent done much research on it. I didnt catch this one but found it after he threw out to the crowd and it was actually used by him.
Also, Kirk Hammet, Gojira, Slayer(Kerry King), At The Gates, Deftones, The Police and some others from actual gigs.

Most of the others I have are either just collectable ones or ones I've bought/traded with other people.

I dont really buy or trade anymore but there are only two picks I REALLY want. A Devin Townsend one and a Meshuggah one. If I can get my hands on them I will die a happy man! So, If anyone has one they are willing to part with, let me know! :)

Reaction score
I only have Frédéric Leclercq's (Dragonforce bassist). I'm not a Dragonforce fan, but it's from my first metal concert in 2009. It was when they toured with Dååth and Cynic. Pretty awkward kineup, but I got to see Cynic! :metal:

')