Have you ever caught a pick at a gig

• Thread starter sweepingDemon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
I was sitting pretty close to the stage, and Dave Mustaine actually gave me his pick. Dave plays so damn aggresively, he bent the shit out of it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blackheim

Guitar Emperor
Reaction score
:lol:I got one from Galder and Silenoz from Dimmu Borgir, one from Seth of Behemoth, one from Cristopher Johnson of Therion, one from Mille Petrozza of Kreator aaaand that's it.

brector

Reaction score
Have never caught one, but Jake Bowen handed me one after their show in Knoxville, TN.

-Brian

GizmoJunior

Reaction score
I've caught one from The Word Alive, The Blak Dahlia Murder, and Whitechapel. I have a lot of other picks but a few I found in the crowd.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Both Steven Wilson and John Wesley gave me one after a Porcupine Tree concert in 2009.

My (hot female) friend caught a Mike Portnoy drumstick during a Transatlantic gig. He later threw another one right at her after signaling her to catch it, but some other guy took it. After the show, he came out and personally gave her another drumstick, signed both drumsticks she had by then, gave her a hug, and hung out with us for a bit. That's not to mention her vast collection of drumsticks and wristbands that she's gotten from multiple artists. This was the only time I actually witnessed it myself. Some times I wish I were a hot female.

Blackhearted

Reaction score
I have acquired picks at concerts from Kamelot's Thomas Youngblood and one of the guitarists from Amon Amarth.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
I have quite a collection of caught picks :)
none of very big bands, but some of them from bands and guitar players I'm very fond of.
Black Dahlia, Despised Icon, As Blood Runs Black, Atreyu, All Shall Perish, Scale the Summit...
some of them were actually not caught, but given to me by them, like, at their merch booth or right after the show.
I'll gather them together and take a pic of them :)

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
Here they are :D
944445_10152838573640360_1425338600_n.jpg

starting from top left:
>Despised Icon
>2 from the guitar players of Mago de Oz (a spanish power metal band :D)
>Sam Totman from Dragonforce
>John Kempainen when he played with The Black Dahlia Murder
>Chris Letchford from Scale The Summit (He actually gave me this as a gift when he signed the Guitar Method Book i bought at their merch booth, super nice guy :D)
>Atreyu's Bass Player (thickest pick I've ever held in my fingers lol)
>Atreyu's Dan Jacobs
>the Red jazz III is from one of the guys from As Blood Runs Black, but I don't remember who, lol.
>Chris Storey, from when he played with All Shall Perish.
>One of the guy's from The Red Chord
>And this Last one (bottom right corner) I have absolutely no idea who is this from LOL, If anybody can Identify it, I would be eternally grateful.
Heres a closeup front and back
943571_10152838575695360_1235493068_n.jpg

941916_10152838576145360_623649323_n.jpg

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
4 Vai pics from the Ultra Zone tour, 2 of them I picked off of Evo's headstock myself, the other 2 Vai threw out.

Mike E. from Incubus- Green Dunlop Jazz pick
Buckethead- Was using Larry LaLonde's pics, which are just purple Dunlop's
Larry LaLonde-

Jerry Cantrell
Will Duvall
Mike Inez

I only have 1 Vai pick left....I ended up using them.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Here they are :D
*pic*
starting from top left:
>Despised Icon
>2 from the guitar players of Mago de Oz (a spanish power metal band :D)
>Sam Totman from Dragonforce
>John Kempainen when he played with The Black Dahlia Murder
>Chris Letchford from Scale The Summit (He actually gave me this as a gift when he signed the Guitar Method Book i bought at their merch booth, super nice guy :D)
>Atreyu's Bass Player (thickest pick I've ever held in my fingers lol)
>Atreyu's Dan Jacobs
>the Red jazz III is from one of the guys from As Blood Runs Black, but I don't remember who, lol.
>Chris Storey, from when he played with All Shall Perish.
>One of the guy's from The Red Chord
>And this Last one (bottom right corner) I have absolutely no idea who is this from LOL, If anybody can Identify it, I would be eternally grateful.
Heres a closeup front and back
*more pics*

Haha I can't believe you have picks from Mago de Oz, they're awesome! They are HUGE in the Spanish-speaking world. I'd dare say they're the most prominent metal band in that scene. Any of those picks from Jorge Salan, by any chance? I think he was in the band from 2003 until 2008. I'm asking because I saw him play live a couple of times in Spain, and I really liked the dude's playing!

tm20

Reaction score
i try and get a pick from every show i go to. so far i've got one from korn, all shall perish (got 2 actually :D), machine head, crossfaith, deftones, and even got a drum stick from Thomas Haake :hbang:

i think this is from Francesco Artusato of All Shall Perish...maybe :p

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
i think this is from Francesco Artusato of All Shall Perish...maybe :p

Goddamn, I think you're right! I can't actually read the signature but I can clearly see an F and an A in the signature :p
thanks man!

Last edited:

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
Haha I can't believe you have picks from Mago de Oz, they're awesome! They are HUGE in the Spanish-speaking world. I'd dare say they're the most prominent metal band in that scene. Any of those picks from Jorge Salan, by any chance? I think he was in the band from 2003 until 2008. I'm asking because I saw him play live a couple of times in Spain, and I really liked the dude's playing!

Well, I saw them between that time window, maybe '05 or '06, so probably he played that show, BUT they do had THREE guitar players, so maybe I don't have that guy's. I don't actually know their names hahah, but yeah I love their music! and they are mega popular down here in Mexico :D

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I saw them between that time window, maybe '05 or '06, so probably he played that show, BUT they do had THREE guitar players, so maybe I don't have that guy's. I don't actually know their names hahah, but yeah I love their music! and they are mega popular down here in Mexico :D

Ah, then of course you know them :). Yeah, Jorge was playing with them back then, and he's the reason they used to play with 3 guitarists. When he came, it was their first time playing with 3 guitarists. He left, and they're back to 2 guitarists.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
damn you people, i always get so close to getting one lol :( I saw stone sour and jim root threw his guitar pick in and it landed on my my mates sweaty arm and stuck there haha That was probably my best chance and i still failed

')