Have you ever sold gear and regretted it?

xvultures

Cognizance
Reaction score
I sold a bunch of my guitars a couple years back for bills mostly Ibanez, RG550, RG770, RG770FM, RG565, RGA121 and an Agile 3100 "Custom Shop". I recently got back my RGA121 and I'm getting my Agile 3100 back soon. Both were with some close friends... But the one I reallllly regret is the Ibanez RG565, it was almost a 9/10 condition and was just perfect for what I want in a guitar. I'll never find one in that condition again. Hate myself for it.

zdD0v6I.jpg

Yes, that's why I sell to my friends like 90% of the time so I can buy my stuff back later

I wish I did that with all my guitars! :lol: I can't even find some of the people I've sold stuff to in the past.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevexc

Reaction score
Less "sold" and more "returned", but my old Gibson Faded Flying V. Thing played like a charm. If I regret anything, it's that.

Did just sell my Fender Aerodyne Jazz, I hope I don't regret that. Luckily it was just to my FIL so worst case scenario I can borrow it if need be.

OH and my Ampeg rig. Really regret that one. It was just an SVT-450H and a 4x10 but still.

sirbuh

Reaction score
BC Rich NJ Ironbird with the red/black speckle paint job.

I await its glorious return.

erdiablo666

I'm from Canada...and they think I'm slow...eh
Reaction score
My Schecter Damien Elite 8. Yes, it was only 26.5" scale, but I now think it would have been an awesome Drop A guitar with an extra high string...

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Absolutely. Not only do I regret selling this, I sold it for like $700 right before the price of ESPs shot up again. I would much rather still have it.
2GITWITS_zpsscbllya4.jpg

Wish I hadn't sold this as well:
whole_zpsssz1pjva.jpg

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
Not very often but I must say that I regret selling two pieces of gear...

1) My great Washburn N6. This was a great guitar

2) My Mesa Boogie Triaxis. Once you have a Triaxis, KEEP IT!! I was too young to appreciate it fully :(

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
Sold a cheap ibanez rg I had. Played most shows with that guitar and loved the natural finish. Let it go cheap and don't know why, could use it now.

Reverend Chug

But It's A Dry Chug
Reaction score
I've had quite a few things I've regretted parting with...

Washburn Dimebag Stealth (had twice)
Schecter JL-7
Schecter Hellraiser C-7 (had twice)
Randall Warhead Full stack
Ibanez MTM2
ESP LTD Explorer

vividox

Reaction score
Nope.

I've had to make some hard decisions on getting rid of things, but they've always made sense for what I was trying to do. Onward and upward and all that jazz.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
My mesa recto-verb.

I've played through several and I don't know if it was because it was mine, but the one I had in particular was an absolute beast.

Chewy5150

Reaction score
My lazer blue RG565 and RG570 in five alarm red. Sold for quite low prices and with the prices they currently are in the market I don't think I'll ever be able to afford them again :(

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Ibanez JEM 77DY and Ibanez RG550DXEG.

Both were some of the best playing guitars I've ever had and totally regret.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
For me It would have to be my 1979 Gibson RD Artist. I gutted it and put different pickups in it and took out the moog electronics. I was a poor college student at the time and it had to go. I wont be getting another one like that anytime soon.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
teenage me in 1996 decided that my Transtrem GM Steinberger wasn't cool enough so i sold it for 700 bucks. I had to wait nearly 3 months before someone even was interested.

Hindsight - good luck finding one like the one i had for under 4k US now. :(

tylerpond05

Mormon Metalhead
Reaction score
Mine would be the S7420 in Black Pearl. Sure it had the LO-TRS system, but it's the 1st guitar I learned a Joe Satriani song on (Searching), and it would totally match my current JS1000!

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
I do.

I Traded my white JS1000, my first higher end guitar, for a 5150 original combo. I still have the amp, but it needs work, and is stupid heavy to lug around. Total PITA. But, I am going to try to use the cab portion with my KRS Ares 6550 so maybe it still will have some mileage for me.

I regret selling my ENGL Invader 150 at a low price to fund a Daemoness Atlantean 7 w/ Jormungandr knot inlay. I miss that amp.

I then sold the Daemoness Atlantean to fund a Daemoness Cimmerian 7. I love the Cimmerian but I really do miss that Atlantean. Such a cool body and a bullet proof guitar, plus the amazing thick figured burl maple top and killer inlay.

I will probably sell my PRS Holcomb in Holcomb Burst soon too. I know I'll regret it, but I got it just to try the specs and determine if I would get a Private Stock built like it someday, with a different stain and piezo. And I will. Best PRS I've owned so far, and I love the pickups and all the specs.

I'm currently parting with another killer custom that was artist owned that I will also regret, but it is to get a certain dream guitar I have been after since it was first built. I won't mention what either are until the deal is done, but no, it's not the Valkenbyrd. Just NO. Ever.

')