Have you met any famous guitar player ? or musician

• Thread starter Sebastian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WillingWell

Reaction score
The brother of Jeff Campitelli (Jeff is the drummer for Satch) and Jeff as well used to live near my uncle and my uncle was friends with his brother or something like that. Anyway, my uncle has met Satch up close and personal a few times I believe. Not to mention he met Eddie Van Halen in his studio, shook his hand, all that good business back when he was going to GIT in Hollywood.

Not me, but it still counts!

Also, I have Alex Skolnick's pick and Zakk Wylde's pick if we're counting those too.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm close friends with Dave Mackintosh, the drummer from Dragonforce, which has helped me get the backstage hookup a couple of times ;)
he only lives up the road, been drinkin buddies for a couple of years now, pretty sweet.

the xkill X

Reaction score
Amir Derakh And Ryan Shuck From Orgy,Julien-k the band, Bass player of Soil, Rudy Sarzo(whitesnake,quite riot,dio) he used to come to my birthday partys when i was little like 2-3 years old.. him and my dad were managers of this band that was in chicago.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
My buddy and I interviewed Meshuggah for a Russian metal magazine twice. Haake is a funny guy. Had a beer with Jeff Walker on the Heartwork tour. I actually bumped into Burton Bell from Fear Factory on the street, but I hadn't paid attention to them in so long that I totally forgot who he was. I knew I knew him from somewhere, couldn't place it until i got back to work.

Logan Mader peed beside me on the Burn My Eyes tour (with Napalm Death on the Utopia Banished tour in 94).

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i met and talked to Rob Patterson while he was touring with KoRn, right after Head left. met him behind the venue. no-one even recognized him until we came along and were like "dude... that´s him! :p"

then i got to meet Fieldy, he seemed tired and annoyed, probably has something to do with touring without Head, and Norwegian venues being a bit too limited for them...

also, i´ve served beer to Eric Sardinas and his band... for those who don´t know, that´s the guy that Steve Vai brings in at the end of the Live at the Astoria, London - show, the guy that plays the dobro slide guitar...

other than that, i aint met me any celebrities... my girlfriend shook hands with and spoke a couple words with, Toby Mcguire though :p

OMG IZ LYKE SPYDARMAN!

Eli14

I can haz title?
Reaction score
I've met Lamb of God (minus Randy) and Nergal from Behemoth (granted he was only asking us were the nearest Starbucks was, but special none the less :rolleyes: ).

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Aaron Barrett, Dan, and the trumpet player who's not Scott from Reel Big Fish.

And I passed Matthew Good on the street about a month ago, we both looked at each other in a confused kind of way. I was wondering if it was him, and he was probably wondering what I was wondering :lol:

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Talked to Andreas Sydow from Darkane for quite awhile after seeing them at the Norva, really nice guy, also briefly met one of the guitar players. Met all of SYL besides Byron at Ozzfest. Briefly met Chris Adler at the Norva the same night I saw Darkane (the LOG guys were there watching the show, Randy took the stage with Burton Bell for a song...)

jjjsssxxx

Reaction score
got drunk with Sammy Duet - fuckin' awesome!:hbang:
Partied with Soilent Green - awesome as well
met Erik Rutan - super nice dude
Mohammed Suicmez for like a minute - very cool

nobody super famous, but some of my favorite bands

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
met Erik Rutan - super nice dude

Its funny, when i met him, it was right after King of All Kings came out, and i went and said "Whats up?", etc. and he was like REALLY into what i thought of the disc. he gave me like the 20 questions on it "Did you like it? was the production good?".. all in all, REALLY nice dude. Then he gets up on stage and is like RRRRRRRRRAHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGG MOTHER FUCKER YYYYARRRGHHH!

And it rules :lol:

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Alex Skolnick on the Savatage 'Handful Of Rain' tour... GREAT friggen' guy, truly humble, and awesome guitar player. He even thanked my mom for bringing myself and my buddy to come see the show.

Also met Gene Hoglan at on the STL/FF/Soilwork/Darkane tour. I was just hanging out in the back watching Fear Factory's set and he comes out and stands next to me. Cool guy as well, signed my girlfriend's (who used her hypnotizing giant rack to finagle the set list off the stage guy) set list 'All Hail... Gene!'.

Also, Chris Poland and his phenomenal fretless bass plater from Ohm. Seriously fucking nice, appreciative dudes. All these gents have thwarted the misconception that rock stars are all dicks.

SeanC

loves metal
Reaction score
Lets see, my list is:

Dave Mustaine
Dave Ellefson
Billy Sheehan
Chris Broderick
The dudes in ZZ Top
Vinnie Paul
Mattias Eklundh
Jeff Loomis
Rusty Cooley
All the dudes from Symphony X
Mick Fleetwood
Tony MacAlpine
Nick Catanese
Kerry King
Jake Shimabukuro
Michael Angelo Batio

Maybe more, but thats the best I can rememeber for now.

stubhead

Feral Buddha
Reaction score
I bummed a Heineken from John McLaughlin backstage once about 1981? Post-Mahavishnu, post Shakti, he was taking a break from spirituality that's for sure. He was touring with his "One Truth" band and his opening act was the Labeque sisters, a French classical piano duo one of whom he was boinking at the time. When I lived in Tallahassee in the late 70's I smoked a few doobs with Steve Morse, he owns a ranch in Georgia just north of there and the Dregs used to play around there a lot. Ummm, I'm old, dude... Garcia & Lesh ate some chili I made one night when one of their roadies was staying with me on the lam from the police.

I met about a million jazz guys cause they can't afford any backstage security, cause nobody likes jazz.... I fixed Mike Stern's guitar once after a concert with Miles Davis in Austin about 1983(?) cause I had a guitar jack & he broke his Tele jack and had to play the concert with his Strat - it was about midnight & I had a guitar jack & a soldering gun, so he came by my house after and drank up all my beer. I didn't mind at the time, but Miles fired him shortly afterwards for being too fucked-up. (Miles Davis spent a lot more on his wardrobe than he did on roadies/techs, or paid his band members for that matter).

The first house I lived in in Austin was right next door to the Fabulous Thunderbird's drummer Fran Christina, so I met Jimmie Vaughan and his little brother Stevie Ray, when he was just a greasy little blues rat scrounging for gigs. Angela Strehli & Lou Ann Barton lived right around the corner so there were crazy people with Stratocasters wandering the streets at all hours, David Grissom, Little Charlie Sexton, Billy Gibbons, Ray Benson, god some of those people could drink.... There was a lunar eclipse party back then that people in Austin still remember - I still can't hardly stand blues guitar!

god9

Contributor
Reaction score
No one really mentionable just yet...hope to one day meet all of Opeth

Latest posts

')