Having some troubles with Reaper and 2i4

• Thread starter Krymson86
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Krymson86

Reaction score
So I'm new to Audio Interfaces and Reaper...I'm probably just being a dumb newb, but I wasn't able to get any output from the headphones, only raw input signal. I had my Outputs set to 1 and 2 in the Ctrl+P Audio Devices section. ASIO and 2i4 selected etc.

I feel like there's gotta be something I'm not doing right (obviously) any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
That's the one with the mix knob on the front right? You gotta turn it all the way to Playback :)

Krymson86

Reaction score
Thats the thing that's so weird, I have it turned all the way to playback and still I'm getting nothing out of the headphones. Is there something else that needs to be done in the audio devices section?

Thanks guys

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
Can't really walk you through this as I don't know the software but I'm betting it's here
FocusriteSaffirePro40_02.jpg

In this phones tab, you probably don't have the 'Cubase Return' (in your case Reaper) DAW 1 and 2 outputs up.

SpaseMoonkey

Reaction score
reaper_zps8fcc458d.jpg

On reaper are you ticking the record to on as well as the monitor buttons?

Track 1 has them both set to off.
Track 2 has them both set to on.

Krymson86

Reaction score
So it's more than just an output issue. Reaper isn't receiving any input at all from the 2i4. I've got my guitar plugged straight in (I'm planning on getting a DI box, first things first, get it actually running right). I have my audio devices set to ASIO, running Focusrite usb 2 drivers, everything else is on default.

I can hear my direct input in my headphones, but nothing when I roll the direct monitoring knob over to playback. Reaper just gets no signal, it's very weird. Where should I be looking in reaper to fix this issue?

SpaseMoonkey

Reaction score
reaper2_zps5a260ea8.jpg

This has nothing to do with reaper here at all, but helps with troubleshooting.

The picture above, set your 2i4 to be primary sound/recording. Then go watch a youtube video, you should hear sound. Then setup the recording to the 2i4 and plug the guitar in and make some noise with it. You should see the recording meter move. That should limit it from possibly a driver issue down to reaper itself.

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
I have my audio devices set to ASIO, running Focusrite usb 2 drivers, everything else is on default.

Have you selected the input for the track on reaper to match the channel your guitar is plugged into?

Krymson86

Reaction score
So firstly, thanks for all the helpful responses guys. I am now getting signals to Reaper, I can record stuff, but I can't hear in my headphones my tone w/ VST amp sims in real time. Only after I add them as effects. Do I have to set up return signal in a specific way or anything?

Thanks so much again guys, really appreciate it.

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
Little speaker symbol on the track in reaper is for Monitoring :) You will again want to make sure the knob on interface is all the way to Playback and that you don't have input faders turned up for monitoring in the software mixer, so you don't hear your natural guitar input at the same time.

Latest posts

')