HD video guitar lessons: Major Scale, Chords, Progressions 1-4-5, Modes, Arpeggios.

hilmaroe

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm working on a guitar website where I put a premium on a logical approach to learning/ studying the guitar.

It's called bigpictureguitar.com and I'm about half way through finishing the core guitar lessons for the site. These are HD video lessons with a lot of material and some animations of the guitar neck to show everything in a clear and easily understandable manner.

Full disclosure: Im of course trying to get the word out there that the site exists to increase traffic but I would like to underline that everything is free so hopefully it's a Win Win situation. Also Im not in full launch mode since I have not finished all the core videos.

Those concepts that are ready and covered are The Major Scale "all" variations/positions, Triad Chords, Seventh Chords, Arpeggios(seventh), Pentatonic, Chord Progression(Major), Modes.

So feedback is welcome, check out the site/lessons and tell me what you think by emailing me or replying here.

big picture guitar | Awsome guitar lessons in video format!

videos on youtube
Big Picture Guitar - YouTube

Cheers!
Hilmar Örn

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ChronicConsumer

Reaction score
Looks solid. Though I already knew most of the stuff you taught here (I'm no beginner), there's a lot of good stuff in there. Keep it up, I'll definitely check your website out again soon! ^^

hilmaroe

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Yes I guess many already know the theory that is ready. To tell you truth im mostly looking forward to the "Theory In Action" section where we will take a song/lick/solo/whatever and analyze it using the Theory section as a foundation for example breaking down the intro to little wing with steve ray and pointing out the exact position by linking directly to the Relevant music theory (scale/arpeggio patterns) or technique this will go for any style or genre.

I've already enlisted some awesome players to help me out with that. Also Im missing out the 2 other Major Harmonic systems Harmonic Minor and Melodic Minor and I cant really explain anything to complicated with out covering those systems progressions and all. Im guessing the Base or foundation in the theory and technique will be ready late september and after that I was thinking about one or two videos per week explaining some musical idea in the theory in action part.

')