Headless Carvin 8 String Incoming?

• Thread starter MetalBuddah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
Nope. He died, but his head never was chopped off. Luke let him die "peacefully" while Vader, in his final moments, asked Luke to take off his helmet so he can see him with his own eyes. Vader died on the floor, without the helmet. Then, Luke burned his helmet as a bury ceremony... maybe you remember the helmet on the fire and that's why you think his head was chopped off...

I bet for a V shaped 7 string.

PS: Star Wars fanboy here... hahahaha!

Well, if you want to get picky, Luke does decapitate Vader during his hallucination on Dagobah before seeing his own face in the helmet...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
. and "we" (the spaniards) don't translate the word 'headless'...

Sure you do. You have la guitarra falta cabeza, no? Guitarras con los cabezas son los cabrones!

On topic: If it is a 7V, flyingV is going to be a very happy camper. He's been clamoring for one for ages!

ovlott

Reaction score
Well, if you want to get picky, Luke does decapitate Vader during his hallucination on Dagobah before seeing his own face in the helmet...

THATS the scene I remember Vader being headless! ah well, I'm literally just throwing out guesses at the moment to reinforce my belief in Carvin headless 7's/8's.

Strangely enough, I have never been interested in acquiring a headless 7/8 string guitar, but for some reason the fact Carvin may be doing it has me selling gear left and right so I'll have enough for a decent deposit after NAMM.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
^ Me too. Carvin doing it means we can get it for under $2000. Goody I getting another 8 string headless for that price! I personally can't wait for this to be released.

JaxoBuzzo

....ing river pirate
Reaction score
This suspense is awful. I am relieved, however, if that picture is a headless teaser after all, to see 7 strings instead of 8. Although, if it is...RIP headstock-less DC800.

Dominoes282

Mixing Engineer
Reaction score
As probably the only person in the world who doesn't like flying V's, my credit card might be safe here... but let's not jump to conclusions.

Ahem... so why I don't like flying V's, because I almost always sit down to play and I play at an angle where the neck is always flat to the ground. The fV fits pretty much fits none of these requirements. Oh well :D

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
So I have lots of time on my hands and did a little sleuthing. Here's the teaser image overlaid with that of a DC7x:

JNXAj6d.jpg

I lined up the images by the frets and inlays.

Gonna go ahead and say that I think this shows it's a 27" scale. Also it's pretty clear that the body and headstock are not completely in frame, so I'm guessing it's not a V.

[boring photo interpretation nerd stuff]
The strings and fretboards are slightly off in alignment between the two photos, although I believe this to be a viewing angle thing. My hunch is that the teaser photo is slightly distorted from having the camera not perfectly straight above the guitar as in the DC pic. The other possibility is that it has some kind of bridge that necessitates a slightly wider neck and string spacing, but I'm guessing not.
[/nerd stuff]

Mike

Reaction score
Strap button placement looks to be about where the hh2's are. It's headless.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
Strap button placement looks to be about where the hh2's are. It's headless.

Yup, headless. But from that picture it is possible to tell that it is not just an HH2 with 7 strings. The part below the strapbutton is different than an HH2.

Mike

Reaction score
Well there can't be an ERG hh2 because of signature model licensing. Not unless Holdsworth starts playing 7's and/or 8's.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I have literally nothing to gain from this yet I'm still shouting at my screen for a reveal. The suspense is killing me.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I am almost assuredly going to order a headless 8 (provided it's what I think it is). I can't wait!

')