Headless Carvin 8 String Incoming?

• Thread starter MetalBuddah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

larry

". . . . . . . ."
Reaction score
oh man, please be a sexier strandberg. jeff, don't let me down. :bowdown:

terron

Reaction score
like this, but seven strings?
121329b.jpg

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
OK, so let's think about this...

Carvin said it's a new design. This could just be "it's 7 and 8 string now!" in regards to the Holdsworth shape, but I think it's more likely that it's a new shape.

Looking at that picture, it's obvious that it's headless. However, I am uncertain if it's a singlecut. The upper bout would have to meet the body really high up on the fretboard, or it could be a dual cutaway. The upper horn could possibly be just outside of the edges of that fretboard "slice" of the picture there.

I'm excited! However, I'll be at NAMM to look at it in person, so I can wait! :lol:

7stg

Reaction score
I'll be getting one of these bullpup guitars. 27 inch scale is a win for 7. If they will make a 30 inch option for the 8 I'll get one of those too.

celticelk

Reaction score
I'm certain it's not a Holdsworth style body, but a single cut would be so badass.

It's not going to be a singlecut. If you're launching a 7-string headless, the smart move is to make it a superstrat, and I'm sure that's what Carvin will do.

JaxoBuzzo

....ing river pirate
Reaction score
That's not it. That's the signature guitar of someone who doesn't play 7's/8's. I wish you guys would let that go.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Alan's fingers are too damn long to need an ERG. He just stretches the 7 frets and does it linearly. Now if he was a little person, we'd have our 8 string signature!

celticelk

Reaction score
wish they'd done the reveal in a less ugly colour

I'm slowly learning to accept that Carvin's idea of what constitutes good promotional aesthetic choices is simply diametrically opposed to mine. At least they aren't the only colors the guitars come in.

')