Headless Carvin 8 String Incoming?

• Thread starter MetalBuddah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Indigenous

Indigenous
Reaction score
The way you tune the strings on the headless bridge is by threading the saddles back and forth? Where do you thread the strings? [url=http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=397 said:
7 String Guitar Headless System > Store > Hipshot Products[/url]

The ball end of the string seats into the bridge - there's a small channel for it to slide in. The other end of the string is clamped down at the very top of the neck with the other piece shown in the picture using a small allen key.

It's backwards from a guitar with a headstock - the ball end is what moves and changes the tuning, rather than turning the loose end on a peg.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dominoes282

Mixing Engineer
Reaction score
The ball end of the string seats into the bridge - there's a small channel for it to slide in. The other end of the string is clamped down at the very top of the neck with the other piece shown in the picture using a small allen key.

It's backwards from a guitar with a headstock - the ball end is what moves and changes the tuning, rather than turning the loose end on a peg.

Huh that's interesting. How do you set the intonation then?

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
So, 1/2 hr w/ GIMP, what do you think?

n971fm7tns4y1ec6g.jpg

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
That it would have taken you half the time to do in a program with a UI that doesn't suck. Like Paint.

(sorry, I hate GIMPs UI with a passion)

But definitely not bad at all, even if I'd want a little more out of the horn to balance out the full ass the guitar has.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I feel like it would look really nice with an upper horn similar to the Vanquish bass, or even something along the lines of a Fireman would be interesting.

Wildebeest

Reaction score
I really like this, and I've been thinking of switching to a 27" from a 28" because of my elbow pain. Cubital Tunnel Syndrome is a bitch!

RV350ALSCYTHE

Reaction score
I love fat asses...but not on a guitar.

I hope it turns out to be a little offset and not so symmetrical on the bottom.

Why does carvin add two lower strap buttons on their Holdsworth models?
I'm genuinely curious as to why.

MicrobeSS

Reaction score
I love fat asses...but not on a guitar.

I hope it turns out to be a little offset and not so symmetrical on the bottom.

Why does carvin add two lower strap buttons on their Holdsworth models?
I'm genuinely curious as to why.

Different placement options? Maybe he uses one of those straps that has 3 pin holes

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I believe it's to reduce wear and damage when you rest the guitar on an amp., also makes it balance easier.

It's something that was common on Steinbergers, which he used a lot before he got his custom-made headless guitars.

steinberger_229.jpg

Steinberger-Synapse-SS2F-PB_01.jpg

Kristianx510

Reaction score
I was really excited for this model, but the more I see it the less excited I get. I just don't see it being very ergonomic, which is why I like headless guitars in the first place. I'm going to hold off final judgement until I see and play it at NAMM, but I'm iffy on it.

Reaction score
(one of Jeff's replies on facebook)

1. Yes it is called VADER :)noway:)
2. Finish options will be treated like the SCB series
3. Neck Through construction
4. Chambered body is optional

shanerct

Reaction score
(one of Jeff's replies on facebook)

1. Yes it is called VADER :)noway:)
2. Finish options will be treated like the SCB series
3. Neck Through construction
4. Chambered body is optional

2-4 are all +++.

I wish they introduced this guitar with some nicer finishes/woods. The green turns me off badly. If they can do the binding like the SCB I'm all over this. Chambered is also a plus and I'm wondering if they can add a piezo.

Shoot and I originally thought I was going to save money this year...

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
The name might be corny, but for a headless with so many options for woods and finishes, I really don't understand why everyone is complaining.

Carvin might as well take my money at this point, give that to me in an 8-string, and I'll pick out whatever options they have.

')