Headless Carvin 8 String Incoming?

• Thread starter MetalBuddah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wildebeest

Reaction score
Guys, what is going on in this (http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/287071-carvin-vader-24.html) thread? I don't know what to believe anymore and I am scared.

44504d1421373146-carvin-vader-vader-final-day.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
^ Someone showed it's actually photoshopped on the other thread (play w/ contrast/brightness and you'll see it for yourself).

7stg

Reaction score
How about a little reshaping. Open the lower horn a bit for better access, shift the arc forward a bit for longer scale comfort, shade in a good forearm cutout cause there does not appear to be one, and move the bridge pickup a bit closer to the bridge. I'm not the best at gimp but you get the idea. Headless is good to, I just started with the other one and wanted to see it with the different headstock.
vaderfinalday_zps3c64c58a.jpg

7stg

Reaction score
Point it out, what's fake looking about the pic.

The logo is removed just above the fretboard. On the hh2 they put it there because there is no headstock. Zooming in on the nut shows it's Photoshopped.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Point it out, what's fake looking about the pic.

Forget about that for a minute and USE YOUR BRAIN. Superstrat with some bevels and some of the body removed behind the bridge? That warrants a new model? That warrants a 10 day long reveal teaser? And why would they move the logo to the headstock for the grand reveal?

I shouldn't have to explain this. You shouldn't need photoshop analysis. It should be incredibly obvious that someone's ....ing with you.

Wildebeest

Reaction score
Forget about that for a minute and USE YOUR BRAIN. Superstrat with some bevels and some of the body removed behind the bridge? That warrants a new model? That warrants a 10 day long reveal teaser? And why would they move the logo to the headstock for the grand reveal?

I shouldn't have to explain this. You shouldn't need photoshop analysis. It should be incredibly obvious that someone's ....ing with you.
I fell for it :wallbash:

shanerct

Reaction score
^^^^This is nice^^^^

Whats with the corner on the body? Gives it a unfinished look to me. Some people may like it. New type of cut? Saw something similar on that Koa DC 800.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Transition from top wood to body wood through the arm bevel, because the top wood is not bent down to the curve.

Reaction score
I appreciate that it doesn't say "VADERRRR!!!!1" At least not anywhere conspicuous. :yesway:

But with no trem, I can't burn a $1000+ hole in my pocket. Back to waiting for an RG8420 or Banshee 8 FR or SL2-8. :rolleyes:

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
I appreciate that it doesn't say "VADERRRR!!!!1" At least not anywhere conspicuous. :yesway:

But with no trem, I can't burn a $1000+ hole in my pocket. Back to waiting for an RG8420 or Banshee 8 FR or SL2-8. :rolleyes:
Hipshot is working toward a headless trem system. :hbang:

')