Headless Carvin 8 String Incoming?

• Thread starter MetalBuddah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I'm slowly learning to accept that Carvin's idea of what constitutes good promotional aesthetic choices is simply diametrically opposed to mine. At least they aren't the only colors the guitars come in.

Certainly attention-grabbing though!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Just had a fun thought. What if it's basically a Duality with the Holdsworth/steinberger butt end? :lol:

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Just had a fun thought. What if it's basically a Duality with the Holdsworth/steinberger butt end? :lol:

I'm sure plenty of the individual employees are up to that, but I don't know about the company itself :lol:

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
I'm gonna start saving up. Definitely down for an 8 string headless Carvin. Soooooo down.

... but not in that color. :lol:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
^ :lol:

I'd even take it in that color. But I agree on the saving... The time has come.

porknchili

G.A.S.ITIS
Reaction score
That settles it. I'll get a slotted 27 fret fingerboard and put that on the headless guitar I built and save up for the vader. There goes ANY AND ALL hope of getting a 27 fret guitar now... This has peaked my interest too damn much.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Certainly attention-grabbing though!

Plus once it's fully revealed, you can just green-screen anything you want on there.

I've gotta say, the fact that it is in fact 6, 7, and 8 strings tickles my fancy. The more options the merrier. If it is indeed a headless, I may find myself in possession of one in the future. As far as cost and ease of access are concerned, Carvin is pretty much the only place to go for a headless 6/7/8. No need to buy used, wait forever, and/or spend that much money.

ferret

Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who likes the green, especially with black hardware and ebony fretboard. :p Matching inlays (Jeff has them), mmmmm.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who likes the green, especially with black hardware and ebony fretboard. :p Matching inlays (Jeff has them), mmmmm.

It reminds me of those god aweful Dean budget basses, or the BC Rich gunslingers. Both of which I thought were insanely cheesy looking. With a darker green though, I'd be a happy camper.

Shimme

Wants a Seven String
Reaction score

It's loud and obnoxious as fvck.

I love it :lol:

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Actually, that latest reveal might be revealing a little more than we realize. Granted the only thing it added was that it's available in 6, 7, and 8 strings, but think about that for a second. The DC800 is 27", the DC7X is 27", but they currently don't offer any 27" 6 strings. It might be reasonable to assume that if they're going to offer it in three configurations, they could all be the same scale, which would mean Carvin will finally offer a baritone sixer. I don't know if that's something too many around here are clamoring for, but we've all heard people talk about trying 7 and going back to 6 because they just didn't get along with 7 strings, so there's bound to be room for it in the market.

All speculation, of course. It's just what came to mind.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Pretty sure Jeff or Carvin confirmed a 6 string baritone for this year on either Facebook or Instagram a couple months ago.

*edit:
Jeff Kiesel
December 8, 2014 ·
So all you baritone 6 string players out there, we do get a lot of requests for these so...... IF we were to do one, what scale length would you want? Please don't say multi-scale lol

sartorious

a good lurking guy
Reaction score
The DC800 is 27", the DC7X is 27", but they currently don't offer any 27" 6 strings. It might be reasonable to assume that if they're going to offer it in three configurations, they could all be the same scale, which would mean Carvin will finally offer a baritone sixer.

Yep, that'd make sense. It seems fitting for "Vader" to be kind of big and bad whatever the number of strings. 27" already works in that way for 8 and 7 strings, but it would really make the 6 string stand out. That, and maybe it would keep production simple with one scale.

ferret

Reaction score
I don't know if this is happening, but what I'd really like to see is that it's literally one model, "Vader", and in the builder, you pick the string count, just as you do the bridge, left/right hand, etc.

And I'd love to see them move towards that with all models. DC600 becomes just "DC" or something, and you pick 6/7/8 in builder. DC7X? Becomes DCX, and you pick 6/7/8. Vader? Pick 6/7/8 in builder. SCB? They add 8 and.... ok haha I know that's not happening but you get the idea.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Incase anyone isn't following the other thread

2672_image_127.jpg

stevexc

Reaction score
I don't know if this is happening, but what I'd really like to see is that it's literally one model, "Vader", and in the builder, you pick the string count, just as you do the bridge, left/right hand, etc.

I doubt it, I think it'll be more like how the basses are set up. You've got the Vanquish, Xccelerator, etc. as individual models, but each one has 3 sub models (ie. X44, X54, X64) for each string configuration. Probably easier for them to organize it that way.

ferret

Reaction score
I doubt it, I think it'll be more like how the basses are set up. You've got the Vanquish, Xccelerator, etc. as individual models, but each one has 3 sub models (ie. X44, X54, X64) for each string configuration. Probably easier for them to organize it that way.

That's what I expect, but I think it'd be cool if they could rework things so each model spanned all string configurations. Or is that just a secret plan for me to get them to make a CS7? Hmmmmmm.

ItWillDo

KGB Apparatchik
Reaction score
')