Headless Carvin 8 String Incoming?

• Thread starter MetalBuddah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
On topic: If it is a 7V, flyingV is going to be a very happy camper. He's been clamoring for one for ages!

:) note to self, don't make Hollowway mad, has good memory :)

FlyingV @ Carvin bbs = HaloHat here :metal:

Would kill for 27" scale V seven string from Carvin.

Will buy the new 7 headless [you guys are not still at the "will they if they point right lol] with "customer supplied woods". Unless some rumors about another Carvin NAMM 2015 surprise is true...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pilgrim of the Dark

Reaction score
If its a headless 7/8 string, I'm going to cry! I've been wanting a headless 8 for so damn long, but the ridiculous prices most builders charge for one coupled with the ridiculously long wait times and/or unavailability of build spots has kept me away from the market.

Please, please, please, please Carvin!!! Finally, an affordable, high quality headless 8 with a very short build time!

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
There's very little doubt at this point that it's a headless. There isn't even room for a headstock on the tease picture they've slowly been uncensoring over the past several days.

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
If something like this were to be released, I'd hope some of the interest translated to actual sales and people ordering guitars :cool:

First off, I'm gonna buy one immediately - I've been waiting for this for several years now :)

Secondly, the fewer people that buy that it, the sooner mine gets built, so...

Thirdly, I REALLY hope the final name is not "VADER." i think INVADER would be okay, or even EVADER, REVADER, UNVADER, SOLAVADER, iVADER, or just about anything else; though I think "VADER" is probably it, especially since the next three Star Wars movies in the nonology are coming out...

I dunno. I just can't stand the green. But I think Mike Jones or ChrisH will help me choose a great finish :)

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
:) note to self, don't make Hollowway mad, has good memory :)

FlyingV @ Carvin bbs = HaloHat here :metal:

Would kill for 27" scale V seven string from Carvin.

Will buy the new 7 headless [you guys are not still at the "will they if they point right lol] with "customer supplied woods". Unless some rumors about another Carvin NAMM 2015 surprise is true...

:lol: Did you used to be FlyingV here, or has it always been just at carvinbbs? Either way, I'm on board with you. I have no Vs, and I don't play sixxers, so we will march together if the gods of Carvin shine down upon us! :metal:

sartorious

a good lurking guy
Reaction score
That, plus the logo is on top of the neck joint, much like the HH.

On that note, is it at all significant that the logo is "Kiesel" instead of "Carvin", and that "Kiesel" is written in large letters in the upper right?

I do expect NGD subject lines to be filled with Star Wars references now. And I can only imagine the temptation for Jeff to market it with "Vader...you seek Vader!".

decreebass

Reaction score
You know what I think? I think the "Kiesel" branding is going to be associated with the metal guitars and ERGs from here on out, and the "Carvin" name will be the more traditional Carvin guitars. Then, the "Kiesel Edition" branding will still be the upper-crust guitars build by Jeff & Mark.

My prayer now is that this guitar doesn't carry with it 'Kiesel Edition' pricing...

And FWIW, my NGD thread will contain zero Star Wars references. Never could get into it. I saw Space Balls before Star Wars so now Star Wars is just a non-funny copycat version of Star Wars lol.

ferret

Reaction score
You know what I think? I think the "Kiesel" branding is going to be associated with the metal guitars and ERGs from here on out, and the "Carvin" name will be the more traditional Carvin guitars. Then, the "Kiesel Edition" branding will still be the upper-crust guitars build by Jeff & Mark.

My prayer now is that this guitar doesn't carry with it 'Kiesel Edition' pricing...

And FWIW, my NGD thread will contain zero Star Wars references. Never could get into it. I saw Space Balls before Star Wars so now Star Wars is just a non-funny copycat version of Star Wars lol.

Hopefully this. Carvin still refuses to fully explain the branding. If Kiesel is simply collecting together their more metal oriented stuff, i.e. those things Jeff is willing to try but say maybe Mark is not so sure of, and yet we still see it function like Carvin and priced similar, GREAT.

If a "Kiesel model" = high prices.... not so great.....

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
To me, a lot of the 'Kiessel Edition' guitars are a little too busy. The treated fretboards look cool, but then paired with a really figured top and add on multiple different stains/colours...it can get to be almost too visual. I hope the Kiessel Edition stuff can stay a hands-on Made By Jeff situation, and the Kiessel logo stuff just another line of guitars within the same price structure as the current DC stuff, with an obvious slight jump based on headless hardware.

Dominoes282

Mixing Engineer
Reaction score
Update

1907372_907451902612507_8187404066463964365_n.jpg

decreebass

Reaction score
To me, a lot of the 'Kiessel Edition' guitars are a little too busy. The treated fretboards look cool, but then paired with a really figured top and add on multiple different stains/colours...it can get to be almost too visual. I hope the Kiessel Edition stuff can stay a hands-on Made By Jeff situation, and the Kiessel logo stuff just another line of guitars within the same price structure as the current DC stuff, with an obvious slight jump based on headless hardware.

Some of the treated fretboards look okay, some are kinda gimmicky. My main issue with the Kiesel editions so far have been the beautiful quilt/flame/etc wasted on the back of the guitar - or worse yet, on the BACK OF THE HEADSTOCK. I think it's just pointless, TBH, but I ain't hatin'. I know beautiful back wood is a 'thing' on high-end guitars, but it's overkill IMO.

Todays pic is a bit of a bummer, especially since we've already all-but confirmed it's a headless. They should have given us the rest of the headstock; although maybe they didn't cause maybe there's pricing info on the pic somewhere? These teasers are killing me! I like that there's some sort of method to their madness unlike when EBMM was teasing the Majesty; now THAT was infuriating.

I guess we'll continue getting one piece at a time. I can't wait to see the horns and controls.

Fingers are still crossed for an expansion to the name...

celticelk

Reaction score
There's not going to be an expansion to the name. The Kiesel and Carvin logos are centered over the "Vader" text. If there's actually more name to the left of that panel, then Carvin has the worst promotional graphic artist in history. It's not happening. The model name is Vader. I suggest everyone just get used to that idea now. =)

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
There's not going to be an expansion to the name. The Kiesel and Carvin logos are centered over the "Vader" text. If there's actually more name to the left of that panel, then Carvin has the worst promotional graphic artist in history. It's not happening. The model name is Vader. I suggest everyone just get used to that idea now. =)

Ah, good point. I was thinking that the cut of the box right next to the V indicated a preceding letter, but I think you're right about the centering of the text.

')