Headless Carvin 8 String Incoming?

• Thread starter MetalBuddah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dominoes282

Mixing Engineer
Reaction score
Carvin confirming the obvious here.

10848733_907973169227047_8704076747437785150_o.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Carvin confirming the obvious here.

10848733_907973169227047_8704076747437785150_o.jpg

So, what's tomorrow's update, a hyphen? I'm on a roll, how about:
1. The lower narrow rectangle at the bottom, an update that says: "To order, go to www.carvinguitars.com", or

2. The zeroth fret :D

3. Another line of text: "25.5" SCALE 6, 7, STRING MODELS"

This is really getting ridiculous :wallbash: From the other thread, it was mentioned that someone working at Carvin had to explain that the top horn part will be a one time reveal, not two, seriously!!!!!

To kill time :D, anyone wanna bet on more beveled edges? Which ones?

Reaction score
I bet the hardware is the same as the Holdsworth models just expanded to 7 and 8 string versions. The Hipshot headless hardware looks a bit unstable.

celticelk

Reaction score
I bet the hardware is the same as the Holdsworth models just expanded to 7 and 8 string versions. The Hipshot headless hardware looks a bit unstable.

Unstable how?

Also, the Hipshot hardware actually exists, whereas there's been no whisper of a J Custom 7- or 8-string bridge, or any indication that J Custom has any interest in developing new hardware rather than producing aftermarket Steinberger replacements.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm usually not a fan of curved features mixed with pointy features.
I am of course reserving judgement untill i actually see it though.

sartorious

a good lurking guy
Reaction score
I was hoping against a symmetrical, rounded rear end* appearance like the HH and older Steinbergers have. But I can also imagine single scale lends itself most readily to symmetry, and anything pointier could be risky for a new model. On the plus side, maybe this is easier to place in a common guitar stand?

There are so many other great things about this that it's still a dream come true, though: 27" scale, 6-8 strings, many Carvin customizations, obtainable (price, availability), freaking headless.

* "baboon butt"

Tom Drinkwater

ERG/ERB Builder
Reaction score

The Hipshot stuff is rock solid. I would be surprised if it doesn't feature a Hipshot, isn't Carvin using their Hardtail bridge already?

ItWillDo

KGB Apparatchik
Reaction score
Man, i'm really not into the Voyager-alike shapes.

Not to mention how turned off I am by the Holdsworth models : (

Reaction score
The Hipshot stuff is rock solid. I would be surprised if it doesn't feature a Hipshot, isn't Carvin using their Hardtail bridge already?

By unstable hardware I meant the Hipshot headless bridge. The normal hardtail bridge is super solid. I've never seen the Hipshot headless bridge in person so maybe someone can elaborate?

The way you tune the strings on the headless bridge is by threading the saddles back and forth? Where do you thread the strings?
http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=397

')