Headless Guitar Bags/Cases

Knarbens

Montag Custom Guitars
Reaction score
A customer of mine desires a quality gigbag instead of a regular guitar case and the only bag I can find is this one. With 305 mm it seems a bit narrow? I'd need around 320-330 mm width.

Does anybody know a manufacturer who offers quality gigbags or even cases for headless guitars?
Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks, Frank

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For a case just get an SKB or Pelican molded case and cut a custom foam liner. That's probably the most professional option.

Bags are harder. All the custom ones I know are crazy expensive, extremely nice, but probably a lot more than what your customer wants to spend. Perhaps get a Strandberg gig bag?

You could probably look into contacting Gator or SKB for a custom build, but you'll have to order a certain quantity.

Another option would be to reach out to a local bag maker or tailor and see if they can get you a bespoke one-off for the price you want.

Knarbens

Montag Custom Guitars
Reaction score
@MaxOfMetal Thanks for your help!

Next to the options you pointed out I now had the idea to use a 1/2 size guitar gig bag. Some of these bags have about the right size. Let's see if I can find a quality bag.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@MaxOfMetal Thanks for your help!

Next to the options you pointed out I now had the idea to use a 1/2 size guitar gig bag. Some of these bags have about the right size. Let's see if I can find a quality bag.

You'd probably have better luck with bags for smaller instruments than children's guitars. At least when it comes to quality.

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
For my headless, I use a case made for rifles. Fits well without unnecessary air, is quite stable and comes at an OK price...

Latest posts

')