Headless Multiscale announcement by Jeff Kiesel - Vader Multiscale Fanned Fret

• Thread starter blacai
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noise in my mind

Reaction score
if you guys are into multiscales headless guitar, Ormsby is about to release their import run of them Goliath Headless GTR - Ormsby Guitars - Custom made electric guitars multiscales and basses - Guitar making courses - Multiscale and fanned fret guitars

you wont get all the "custom" options a kiesel might have, but its a better looking guitar imo. Colors are not definite yet, they are still are debating about what colors/woods to use over the facebook group

sorry for highjack the tread, but though you guys might like to check i out :)

meh, I prefer the Kiesel.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Have to agree, there was a post where someone was bashing another user for selling their proto second hand and Perry went ahead and commented saying that he sold those NAMM protos that were beat to .... and had everyone's scuff and marks from being played over an entire weekend by a large crowd of people.

Sometimes no response or a vague one that doesn't have those kind of responses and sarcasm strewn about is far better.

OT: I ended up ordering two FF V8's about a week ago. The wait for these is going to go by so quickly, but I'm excited to be trying the 8 string again in a quality build with some unique looks.

Yeah, that was me. I thought it was BS that some guys jumped on those protos, then priced them up and flipped them a couple of days later. I figured that a lot of people who would have been able to afford those guitar were now excluded because of the opportunists, and that Ormsby himself should have received the extra cash if anyone. I was super pissed when he seemed to take the side of the flippers. However, he DM'd me on FB and said he thought it was BS too, and didn't like it, but he's been burned by it a couple of times, and pretty much just accepted that it will happen. (I think that's what got me banned from the GP gear exchange too, interestingly.) Anyway, I rectified stuff with Perry, and feel much better about the situation. And I really like Carvin/Kiesel, too. But what I definitely know is that I have to not get emotionally wrapped up in guitar buying. :lol: Or anything on the Internet for that matter.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I figure there's enough people out there doing far worse than making 3-400 on a guitar on the flipping side of things to make a big deal of the few dudes who ended up selling their guitars. His attitude and how he referenced the NAMM protos is far more alarming to me than a few guys selling their own guitars. Doesn't bode well when you tell your consumer base that you sold protos, paraphrasing "Beaten, worn, and played in during NAMM". Especially knowing that if he allowed guitars like that to go out, I wouldn't want to put any money towards him in the future. As far as you being banned there, I don't mod there anymore so don't know what to tell you :lol:

Don't know why A-Branger chose to bring them into this thread but it's getting derailed pretty hard.

Lemons

Reaction score
Don't know why A-Branger chose to bring them into this thread but it's getting derailed pretty hard.

Sounds like someone needs to make a GTR thread.

Back on track, does anyone find it weird that they've been hiding the headless bridge on all the promo shots so far?

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I don't think it's weird, may be just to surprise people with a single saddle setup like the AMX series. But he's mentioning finalizing design changes, so I can't imagine it just being an angled hipshot headless bridge.

Lemons

Reaction score
Ahhhh I never heard that they were still finalising the design, as long as it isn't as bulky as the straight scale headless hipshot bridge I'm happy. I might even consider getting one of these as the vader shape seems to work a lot better as a multiscale.

A-Branger

Reaction score

I choose to do so, because I saw no threads for it but I saw this tread about FF headless guitar. I honestly like the the Ormsby design muhc muhc better, and I do am in the GTR facebook group and been following the design and first runs, and so far Ive seen a really good QC and attention to detail to them. I really think his guitars would be great and I jsut wanted to give you guys another option for those that didnt knew about the Goliath development

It was a matter to "here have a look at this too" and up to you if you like it or not

I never intended to open a discussion and get the tread derailed. I didnt knew there was some "issues" and some people arent happy with him?, so far I havent seen anything bad in the FB group. BUT..... since this is not his tread I decided to remain shut and not let the topic go out of hand.

sorry for derail the topic:wavey: I didnt intended to do so, I was just showing a different option out there for you guys that like FF headless guitars :wavey:

VforVendetta00

Reaction score
I don't think it's weird, may be just to surprise people with a single saddle setup like the AMX series. But he's mentioning finalizing design changes, so I can't imagine it just being an angled hipshot headless bridge.

I put in an order for a fanned V8 on friday, one of the things they assured me was that the bridge wouldn't be a huge metal monstrosity like the kahler multiscale bridges, but we'll see, if i'm not happy i'll return the guitar.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I priced out a couple of VM8s myself, but they quickly get out of my target range. I'm hoping to pick one up used. But even pick up a straight V8 when people start dumping them in favor of the drop tops and multis.

Reaction score
Sounds like someone needs to make a GTR thread.

Back on track, does anyone find it weird that they've been hiding the headless bridge on all the promo shots so far?

haha I wasn't trying to start anything but I'm glad others have seen the way people are treated in there and agree.

But yes back on track. I kind of find it strange but then again if hipshot is making it just for them they may not be ready to unveil it to the world. who knows.

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Wouldn't surprise me if that was just Jeff talking out of his ass for his own benefit. Wouldn't be the first time.

It would be pretty easy to make a long video of Jeff saying "I will never xxxxx" followed up by a video where he does just that lol. Not hating, just true. He does have a habit of contradicting himself. [accuse me of sugar coating that last remark and all I can say is guilty, ha.]

Jeff has a tough time giving others credit whether it be artists, customers or employees contributions and suggestions. FWIW [nothing I suppose] the biggest turn-off for me has been the crazy pricing increases [imo] on a lot of things. While I value the options Kiesel-Carvin offer [their greatest attraction to me anyways] the prices of many things I actually know something about, finishes and exotic woods, are in some cases just wacko.

Nobody's perfect. Jeff included. It is his company so he can do what he wants for sure. I wish them continued success.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
12967471_1708399272776701_4730225378182668868_o.jpg

12513888_843405832447918_3924750957082019751_o.jpg

VforVendetta00

Reaction score
Yeah, I priced out a couple of VM8s myself, but they quickly get out of my target range. I'm hoping to pick one up used. But even pick up a straight V8 when people start dumping them in favor of the drop tops and multis.

well, my VM8 came out to $1470 but the only options i added were swamp ash body and stainless steel frets. everything else is just for looks. got a clear satin finish, couldn't decide on a solid color. i usually get a tung oil finish but the satin is nice enough. good thing they have such a long wait for this one, that way i can save up for the balance! lol

ikarus

Reaction score
Dammit, that bridge still bugs me.

haha yeah, I laughed so hard when that super secret bridge was unveiled. I was expecting something more elegant and not just a version of the bulky bridge with a slightly different base plate and longer intonation screws. :lol:

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
haha yeah, I laughed so hard when that super secret bridge was unveiled. I was expecting something more elegant and not just a version of the bulky bridge with a slightly different base plate and longer intonation screws. :lol:

As long as it's still mechanically superior to the strandberg bridge I'm happy. My straight Hipshot headless system is bulletproof.

cubix

Spring of 86
Reaction score
And how is it mechanically superior ? What's it made of ?

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
That is a gorgeous guitar. I wish the scale options were different (shorter) for the 6 but I love that Carvin/Kiesel is bringing this to the market.

if you guys are into multiscales headless guitar, Ormsby is about to release their import run of them Goliath Headless GTR - Ormsby Guitars - Custom made electric guitars multiscales and basses - Guitar making courses - Multiscale and fanned fret guitars

you wont get all the "custom" options a kiesel might have, but its a better looking guitar imo. Colors are not definite yet, they are still are debating about what colors/woods to use over the facebook group

sorry for highjack the tread, but though you guys might like to check i out :)

They're also expensive imports, not MIA. If it's an option I take MIA every chance I get :yesway:

')