Headless Multiscale announcement by Jeff Kiesel - Vader Multiscale Fanned Fret

• Thread starter blacai
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm curious which multistage guitars weren't comfortable for him. I have not tried a lot of them, but I've found the ones I have tried to be far more comfortable.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
He may have tried the Ibanez Iron labels which have the zero fret in a bad place or he tried something with a much longer scale length than he likes. He is very fond of his 27" guitars so its no surprise he fell in love with a 25.5 - 27" fan. This came out a lot quicker than I expected which means the Aries multiscales are selling very well.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
"Here comes the announcement that you all have been waiting for! Make sure to button that top button all the way up, kids!"

Something about this multiscale Vader design doesn't seem quite right though... I can't put my finger on it...

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
I like that the 8 string version is 26.5"-28". I feel like that's more appropriate for going that low. Kudos to Jeff and the guys at Kiesel for listening to their customers.

frahmans

Reaction score
I like that the 8 string version is 26.5"-28". I feel like that's more appropriate for going that low. Kudos to Jeff and the guys at Kiesel for listening to their customers.

Isn't there a western saying "Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery?' 26.5 to 28 is strandberg ain't it?

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Isn't there a western saying "Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery?' 26.5 to 28 is strandberg ain't it?

not really.. its been done before. Strandberg uses many different fans, my personal favorite (and what I'd get if going fully custom) is the 25.5 to 26.25 fan such as the Chris Letchford sig.. For a 7 str anyways

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
He may have tried the Ibanez Iron labels which have the zero fret in a bad place or he tried something with a much longer scale length than he likes. He is very fond of his 27" guitars so its no surprise he fell in love with a 25.5 - 27" fan. This came out a lot quicker than I expected which means the Aries multiscales are selling very well.

I was slightly disappointed with the Ibanez RGFF's, but I hold that the fact Ibanez did anything with multiscale at all really pushed other manufacturers.

Personally, when I pick up an extended scale guitar, to me, it feels better and sounds better, so I'm always a little taken aback when people say stuff like "Eww, scale length too long!!" That may well be why I like the multiscale guitars so much. To me, a 28"-32" multiscale for an eight string isn't too much, assuming the parallel fret is no more than 9. But then again, it's all personal taste.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
Personally I like a 28" scale for my 8's but I could jive with 27.5". My FF 9 has a 30" scale and it plays more like a 7 string than my other guitars. I was a bit skeptical of the 30" but I can't see how 28" would work for a 9 string now.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
I'm curious which multistage guitars weren't comfortable for him. I have not tried a lot of them, but I've found the ones I have tried to be far more comfortable.

Wouldn't surprise me if that was just Jeff talking out of his ass for his own benefit. Wouldn't be the first time.

UnstableinLINY

Reaction score
This is picky but I wish the fretboard was cut off at the nut. Maybe wierder on a headless but the ibby could have that. I dont know why it bothers me but it just does.

A-Branger

Reaction score
if you guys are into multiscales headless guitar, Ormsby is about to release their import run of them Goliath Headless GTR - Ormsby Guitars - Custom made electric guitars multiscales and basses - Guitar making courses - Multiscale and fanned fret guitars

you wont get all the "custom" options a kiesel might have, but its a better looking guitar imo. Colors are not definite yet, they are still are debating about what colors/woods to use over the facebook group

sorry for highjack the tread, but though you guys might like to check i out :)

Reaction score
if you guys are into multiscales headless guitar, Ormsby is about to release their import run of them Goliath Headless GTR - Ormsby Guitars - Custom made electric guitars multiscales and basses - Guitar making courses - Multiscale and fanned fret guitars

you wont get all the "custom" options a kiesel might have, but its a better looking guitar imo. Colors are not definite yet, they are still are debating about what colors/woods to use over the facebook group

sorry for highjack the tread, but though you guys might like to check i out :)

Well judging from the way people get treated on Ormsby's facebook group you clearly don't get the customer service you'll get from Kiesel either.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed how badly people are dealt with over there.

Have to agree, there was a post where someone was bashing another user for selling their proto second hand and Perry went ahead and commented saying that he sold those NAMM protos that were beat to .... and had everyone's scuff and marks from being played over an entire weekend by a large crowd of people.

Sometimes no response or a vague one that doesn't have those kind of responses and sarcasm strewn about is far better.

OT: I ended up ordering two FF V8's about a week ago. The wait for these is going to go by so quickly, but I'm excited to be trying the 8 string again in a quality build with some unique looks.

')