Headless Multiscale announcement by Jeff Kiesel - Vader Multiscale Fanned Fret

• Thread starter blacai
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the nut is angled. This doesn't look like a zero-fret to me:
2guitars-vm8-1.jpg

I think he is just confused and is talking about the headstock and where the strings lock. Some people don't like the little extra unused fretboard after the nut before the strings lock. Seems kind of dumb thing to complain about if you ask me but i guess everyone has their own taste.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Am I the only one that does not like the nut not being angled? I know that it would be more expensive to design a new nut exclusively for the multiscale vader, but if they can do it for the bridge is should not be too much of a deal imo. Just feels like this might be improved at some point, just like bevel.

Nope, I'm the same way. I'd prefer the headpiece be on the fan. I'm aware I'm in the minority with my unrelenting fan requirements, but I want everything to fall on the fan. Pickups, bridge, headpiece/headstock, etc. I'm finicky about design, and I'll pay much more for good design and a cool look. I know it's totally nonfunctional stuff, but I'm just weird that way. I actually much prefer the Aries multi to the Vader multi, because to me the Vader looks like a guitar designed for straight frets, and then shoehorned into a fanned model. The bridge area just doesn't look good. Whereas I think the Aries is beautiful as a fanned model.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I'm curious if they're willing to do a option 50 for a zero fret instead of a nut

Lulz or serious? I don't think they'd want to go back down that road! I'll give you a nickel, though, if you call and try to get a zero fret and a bevel with the top wood cut off as an option 50. And a white to light blue burst.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I'll agree that having that extra bit of wood past the nut or past the last fret on some multiscales looks wonky in pictures, but honestly, my multiscale ACG bass has the extra wood at both ends and it has never once come into my mind when I was actually playing the damned thing. :lol::lol::lol:

Acme

Reaction score
The zero fret was the only thing that kept me away from these. But if it'll have a proper nut then count me in!

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I'll agree that having that extra bit of wood past the nut or past the last fret on some multiscales looks wonky in pictures, but honestly, my multiscale ACG bass has the extra wood at both ends and it has never once come into my mind when I was actually playing the damned thing. :lol::lol::lol:

I've never really noticed it either despite so many people pointing it out on my Daemoness. Its just part of the design.

GunnarJames

Reaction score
He contradicts himself like 6 times in that video alone. It's a cool enough guitar and I like that more and more headless and multiscale options are becoming available, but I'm really not diggin' the elitist attitude. The whole vibe they give off in general is very off putting.

noise in my mind

Reaction score
I was about to pull the trigger on a V8, but after witnessing recent customer service "interactions" from Karvin I have changed my decision.

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
I was about to pull the trigger on a V8, but after witnessing recent customer service "interactions" from Karvin I have changed my decision.

I'm not going to give them a pass but I feel like with the amount of stuff they are putting out those cases represent a vocal minority. Chris H has treated me really well with a ton of respect but I can't comment on those looking to return option 50s, buying overseas, and the like. If I say that I love my Vader then I counter your anecdotal evidence and we are back at equilibrium.

Furthermore if you are truly looking for a headless guitar your options are severely limited to a select few manufacturers. It really depends on where your priorities are. For what I wanted no one did it better at a better price.

I do agree that Jeff's vids and hashtags are ridiculous though.

')