Headphones Recommendation!

• Thread starter Bobmaldad
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bobmaldad

Reaction score
Hello people of ss.org i am about to buy some headphones for my small recording studio. I am currently using my iphone headset to record and to mix all my stuff, but i know i need a good ones for this. So guys i need a recommendation for a good headphones for recording and mixing and they need to be less than $100. Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

if you like to hear some of my ideas of what ive recorded check my project here Gore Gore Gadget on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

anybody can help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Those look very much like rip offs of Grado headphones. I can wholeheartedly recommend the entire line of Grado's products and if you google them, you'll see that that's a pretty universal sentiment. Don't know what to make of those Alessandros though

edit: Just did a bit of research(5 seconds on google) and found out that Grado actually produces these for Alessandro. So, in all likelyhood these are outstanding. But so are the Grado sr60 headphones, which are even a bit less expensive.

N-j

B.T.K
Reaction score
Sony MDR-7506 Stereo Headphones

these are pretty good for a home studio setup, good for monitoring and mixing. they are a bit more pricey then your budget but if you searrch around you can pick them up for around your budget.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
^
Agreed. This is what I use. They don't have a powerful bass response, but they are wonderfully balanced and full frequency... way down there, too. I can clearly hear my C#0 on my bass though the things. :yesway:

mortega76

Reaction score
I've done some research and the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50S (straight cable) seem to be almost the hands down picks for best bang for the buck... I want to get some Beyerdynamic's...

')