hearing voices in my amp

• Thread starter theunforgiven246
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
well i'm jsut sitting here playing guitar and sometimes turning the volume down on my guitar and i hear voices commin out of my amp. i know i'm not crazy and that its actually some radio station or something coming throuhg but its still wierd and freaks me out sometimes. anyone else get this happening sometimes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
its really finny cause now i'm hearing an opera dude and a little eirlier i heard someone playing guitar and its damn loud too. its makeing me giggle.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Totally off topic, but this conversation reminds me of an old Paul Gilbert quote.

"Tinitis means always having a note to tune to."

:D

seven skrang

Reaction score
well your not crazy, when me and my friend were in miami, he had his bass amp on load with the volume on the bass was down and salsa music played through th amp. so yeah it happens more than you think.

Bastard Toadflax

Change is on the way...
Reaction score
This happens to me with my dual rec. the only time it ever happens is when the volume knob is down on the guitar, and its a spanish radio station...my cable also sucks...

Digital Black

Reaction score
Rectifing AM radio waves is simple-remember Crystal radios. FM stations can get through too if the Capatience is just right on your cable.. Remember, your amp is taking a AC signal from your axe and REctifing it to DC signal before processing it ( and then back to AC for the speakers). Basicially, a radio does the same thing..

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
its still funny to hear an opera dude (or anything else besides what your playing) come through your amp.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
i used to get the christian station on my old squier amp.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hatebreeder said:
i used to get the christian station on my old squier amp.

Hahahahaha. Apparently, there is a god, and he's a sicker bastard than even I gave him credit for. :lol:

macalpine88

Reaction score
if you listen to satrianis flying in a blue dream(song) he picked up feedback from a plane of a kid talking and it came through his amp. :scratch: he just kept it in there and it addds a nice touch to it.

Laren

Symphonic Black Metal!
Reaction score
My friend coco can hear church services from one of two churches his house is inbetween. Now that's Christian Rock!

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
macalpine88 said:
if you listen to satrianis flying in a blue dream(song) he picked up feedback from a plane of a kid talking and it came through his amp. :scratch: he just kept it in there and it addds a nice touch to it.

I thought that was a sample from a movie...?

No Soul

bringer of mosh
Reaction score
desertdweller said:
Totally off topic, but this conversation reminds me of an old Paul Gilbert quote.

"Tinitis means always having a note to tune to."

:D

thats beautiful

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
Hahahahaha. Apparently, there is a god, and he's a sicker bastard than even I gave him credit for. :lol:

Dude, i have come to the conclusion that if there is a judeaochristian god, he is one insane fucker.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Dude, i have come to the conclusion that if there is a judeaochristian god, he is one insane fucker.

It worries me that we see eye to eye on this, HB'er. :lol:

guitarjitsumaster

seven times seven
Reaction score
:scratch: Hmmm OK to the above but anyway

I have a VOX Wah and I can dial in stations depending on what position I rock it in when my guitar volume is down. I used freak out people they couldnt figure out where the voices came from and if I had a delay effect goin it was even funnier.

')