Heartbreaking chip in new carvin dc800 (self inflicted)

• Thread starter gnarlwinslow
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gnarlwinslow

Reaction score
You're probably right on that completely. Maybe I will make a few calls around where I live and see what's up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gnarlwinslow

Reaction score
That's not a paint chip, that's a wood chip.

Take it to a local tech. You're probably looking at about $50 to $150 depending on how "invisible" you want it and how long you're willing to wait in the queue.

To be fair on Carvin's end, the second you tried to mess with it yourself you kinda voided any warranty/service they'd provide (likely). Did you send them the same pics you're showing us?

yeah I sent these same pics.

gnarlwinslow

Reaction score
I'll give you $1 for it lol

What a Deal!?

So I emailed again yesterday. I was apologized to and told they would absolutely fix it for not very much cash. Their email system was recently swapped from @carvin.com to @keisel so reasonable enough explanation to me. I'm am happy, carry on.

bloc

tha vagina finda
Reaction score
No offence, but your guitar isn't super fancy looking so I personally wouldn't be bothered with a chip like that if it was my guitar. I like a little character anyway.

gnarlwinslow

Reaction score
It's not so much the chip honestly than the big nasty smudge left behind from when I tried to fix it myself. I don't recommend trying to repair a black satin finish I'll say that much. It looks like I just smeared grease into about a 3 inch spot on the horn. Hard to show in a pic but it's pretty cringe worthy. I barely even notice the chip at this point.

Latest posts

')