Heaven and Hell

scorch15

AngelOfTheBeast
Reaction score
Alright guys I get to go to a heaven and hell(Ronnie James DIO!) show later this year and was wondering, how do they sound live? And most importantly, do they play Holy diver in their set?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
no, they dont play Holy Diver - only Black Sabbath songs form the records Heaven And Hell, Mob Rules, Dehumanizer and the new one: The Devil You Know, nothing else!

and they sound extremely monstrous live. :cool: Dio is still on top with his voice, and the rest of the band:...well, its fucking Black Sabbath!!!! :metal:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
i've seen videos of older shows and it seems they sound pretty damn good but i've never actually been there. dio is the fuckin' man! :hbang:

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
no, they dont play Holy Diver - only Black Sabbath songs form the records Heaven And Hell, Mob Rules, Dehumanizer and the new one: The Devil You Know, nothing else!

and they sound extremely monstrous live. :cool: Dio is still on top with his voice, and the rest of the band:...well, its fucking Black Sabbath!!!! :metal:

:agreed:

i've seen videos of older shows and it seems they sound pretty damn good but i've never actually been there. dio is the fuckin' man! :hbang:

:dio:

:yesway:

Æxitosus

Banned
Reaction score
yea they don't play any dio songs or any sabbath ozzy-era songs.

but they do sound amazing live. I went, hoping to know a song or 2 they played, and I didn't, but they still blew my fucking mind. Great show, I would see them again in a second

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
Æxitosus;1496648 said:
hoping to know a song or 2 they played, and I didn't,

i urge you to immediately buy "Heaven And Hell", as well as "Mob Rules". if you are out of money, sell somthing and buy at least "heaven And Hell". really. The ultimate must-have!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice the shift from Black Sabbath to Heaven and Hell on the H&H s/t? I mean the title track rythym sounds nearly identical to Holy Diver (slow bass gallop and drum accompaniment + :dio: )

Æxitosus

Banned
Reaction score
i urge you to immediately buy "Heaven And Hell", as well as "Mob Rules". if you are out of money, sell somthing and buy at least "heaven And Hell". really. The ultimate must-have!
I did, that show was 2 years ago. I own everything they wrote now.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice the shift from Black Sabbath to Heaven and Hell on the H&H s/t? I mean the title track rythym sounds nearly identical to Holy Diver (slow bass gallop and drum accompaniment + :dio: )

There is no H&H S/T - that's a Black Sabbath album. It's widely speculated that the title track was written with someone else playing bass (probably keyboardist Geoff Nichols), since Geezer would never have actually written that!

')