Heavy/big guitar tones?

• Thread starter fanir
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CGord

Reaction score
basically entierly tr00

remember guys, if there really was a way to emulate double tracking without it sounding like arse, you know that it would be like the most bestest selling plugin evar, until that comes out, keep practicing!!

as for layering, that can be fun depending on what kind of sound you are going for, but personally i have found that the biggest guitar tones i have gotten have just been from a set of double tracked guitars panned 100% left and right

So four tracks total? I've been using two, mainly because I'm lazy.

...And sloppy. :D

Are you changing amp/cab/mic models, or just getting the difference out of the four individual performances?

Something I've done a few times now is to duplicate a track, turn it down, & pan it to the opposite side. So the left track is underneath the right track & vice versa. Kind of like how old VH albums had the guitar panned left, but reverbing to the right.

One thing I know, my recent fooling around with home recording has taught me a lot about tightening up my playing; I had no idea how sloppy I was. I'm not where I want to be yet, but at least I'm aware of it now! :p

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')