Helix 3.70 out now

• Thread starter complex-barb.0t
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Oh they were just Catalyst models, well shit lol.
I'm too lazy to download atm anyone have any experience with the Catalyst amp models?

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Oh they were just Catalyst models, well shit lol.
I'm too lazy to download atm anyone have any experience with the Catalyst amp models?
I played around with one at GC and thought all the models sounded pretty decent but you could tell they were all coming through the same speaker, and that speaker had no "character" so I'm kinda stoked to put them through the cabs and play around.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
OOHhhhhhhh

I need to take a sick day from work

*cough *cough
awesome to see a lot of l6 original amp models

can't wait to give them a whirl. super interested in the feedbacker too

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
first impression of the oblivion amp is it's pretty crushing. Digging this amp a lot right now. New reverbs and feedbacker are cool too

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Did they finally Fix the JCM800 with the new 2203 model? Would be awesome if there is finally a good one in HX.

EDIT:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Okay so my quick impressions with a couple of models (the ones I plan on using lol)

L6 High Voltage: So much better than the old plexis
L6 Oblivion: Reminds me of the Revv models, but with a bit tighter low end. Gonna be flipping between this and the Badonk. As good as the Badonk is, it can sound a bit too scooped at times. The L6 Oblivion is crazy midrange-heavy lol.
Brit 2203: Line 6 went from having the worst Marshall model to one of the best like holy fuck. I used to struggle with the 2204 but the 2203 is light years ahead for both low-gain crunch AND boosting for drop C metal chuggachugga

Super bummed I can't used the Feedbacker on my patch since I'm using a dual-amp rig.

Last edited:

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Brit 2203: Line 6 went from having the worst Marshall model to one of the best like holy fuck. I used to struggle with the 2204 but the 2203 is light years ahead for both low-gain crunch AND boosting for drop C metal chuggachugga
Hell yeah. That makes me pretty excited to upgrade.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Hell yeah. That makes me pretty excited to upgrade.
Yeah it's a rager, tempted to try it in my main patch paired with the Mark IV. But I like to use the L6 original amps in the 2nd amp slot since they don't tend to be as DSP heavy.

Also someone on TGP said the Feedbacker is unfortunately very DSP heavy due to using the polyphonic pitch engine on the Helix. That also means you can't use any poly pitch effects with the Feedbacker in the same path.

Guitarded81401

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think the Oblivion is based on the Badonk for the Catalyst. I didn't enjoy the Catalyst but it sounds good in the Helix.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Yeah it's a rager, tempted to try it in my main patch paired with the Mark IV. But I like to use the L6 original amps in the 2nd amp slot since they don't tend to be as DSP heavy.

Also someone on TGP said the Feedbacker is unfortunately very DSP heavy due to using the polyphonic pitch engine on the Helix. That also means you can't use any poly pitch effects with the Feedbacker in the same path.
Very interested to see how the Feedbacker sounds. 'Round this time last year, I was half looking into possibly getting a Digitech Freqout but they're $300 here in Canada and just too steep for what it does. This HX FX is the board that just keeps on giving... lol

bjjman

Reaction score
Does anyone have a trick for exporting/importing USER preset banks only? I know you have to wipe everything and restore to get new factory presets but is there a way to keep the new factory presets and then re-import your own user banks? I can only figure out how to do it with individual presets which will take ages. This is on Helix Native that I'm trying it.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Was just about to go back to my Origin 20 again, but now I'm thinking of setting up a 2203/L6DOOM double amp patch. Just figured out how to make any HX Amp a clean amp so no amp or preset switching per patch. With a stereo Univibe or chorus it's gonna be sick.

Digital Igloo

Line 6
Reaction score
Does anyone have a trick for exporting/importing USER preset banks only? I know you have to wipe everything and restore to get new factory presets but is there a way to keep the new factory presets and then re-import your own user banks? I can only figure out how to do it with individual presets which will take ages. This is on Helix Native that I'm trying it.
You export everything, but when importing, you can choose which setlists/banks you wish to load; the others are left alone.

bjjman

Reaction score
You export everything, but when importing, you can choose which setlists/banks you wish to load; the others are left alone.
Thanks, I was looking in the settings where you export a bundle and completely missed you can import/export at the top of the setlist itself. It's been a while since I did any real editing with Helix - that's my excuse anyway. After all that, the restore didn't overwrite my user presets anyway...

Haven't had time to check out anything else but the feedbacker is awesome! Really looking forward to check out the rest. You guys do amazing work @Digital Igloo, thank you!

Latest posts