Helix Live Tone - First Show in 8 years

• Thread starter ATRguitar91
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
After a several year hiatus, my band has reunited and is planning on doing the occasional show (check out our single (here). Every show I've ever played I cranked my 6505 through a 412 and all was well. However, I've converted to a digital setup with an HX Stomp and plan on going direct for any gigs, with a cab on stage for some stage sound.

We're not going to be able to practice much beforehand since we're old, busy, and spread out across the state, so I'm trying to get my tone as dialed in as possible beforehand. Our other guitarist may not be able to make it in, which will give me a bit more sonic space, but our bass player has a very thick, distorted tone. And we play pretty dense, technical music.

I've been dialing in tones by throwing Helix Native on some DIs in my DAW with the live patches (post processing turned off) and seeing how it cuts with the bass and drums. I'm also trying to check it at higher volumes through a cab, and have a Headrush 112 FRFR I can use to check with as well.

My current plan is doing a more aggressive high and low pass of my recording patches, lowering the gain, and adding a whole bunch of mids, all the classic stuff. For those who gig direct, is this a solid approach? Anything I'm missing?

Any general tips for Helix users who go direct live?

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')