Hello From Afghanistan!

• Thread starter Ruination19D
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ruination19D

Om Nom Nom
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my buddy Cam(LOGfanforever90) referred me to this site since I plan on getting a 7-String once I come back from this country, still got six months to go!

Anyway, I am a Cavalry Scout(19D) in the U.S. Army and I am currently in Afghanistan. Yes I have been in firefights, the longest one being 4 1/2 hours. If you want details about where I am exactly, sorry, can't give them.

I have been playing guitar...maybe, for...3 years now, not sure. I am mostly self taught, I was taking lessons for a few months but stopped for some reason, I wish I had continued though, I probably will take them up again at some point. My favorite genre of music is metal, my favorite bands currently are; Born of Osiris, Periphery, Lamb of God, Opeth, TesseracT, and Pantera(No particular order.)

I own two electrics, a Dean ML79 Brazilla Burst w/ a "Floyd Rose" and a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker in the Bridge, stock pickup in the neck. The other is an Ibanez in the RG series...can't remember which though. I haven't really written any of my own music, but it's something I plan on doing once I am stateside again, but I have begun writing some 7-String stuff in guitar pro. :hbang:

That's all I got.

-Tim

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Welcome soldier!

Thank you for what you do for our country sir and God Bless you, Xiphos68

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Welcome, and watch yourself out there.

Your country is grateful.

trb

Reaction score
Thank you for serving. I spent most of my time floating on huge chunks of metal. You're doing the hard work. :yesway:

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome, bro. Former 19D here myself (G 2/2 ACR entire enlistment LOL: 1994-2000). Keep jammin, keep your head down, and thanks for all you do!!!

Scouts, out.....RECON!

mgcasella

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and I hope you come back soon!

Thanks for your service!

Ruination19D

Om Nom Nom
Reaction score
Welcome, bro. Former 19D here myself (G 2/2 ACR entire enlistment LOL: 1994-2000). Keep jammin, keep your head down, and thanks for all you do!!!

Scouts, out.....RECON!

Hell yeah, always nice to run into another 19D, I'm in the 4th I.D. and I can't wait to get the hell out. Got about 3 months or so left, then I am back stateside, YES. :hbang:

')