Hello from Ottawa!

• Thread starter TreyK
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TreyK

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey all! I've been bitten by the ERG bug, so I figured rather than be a long-time watcher of this forum from afar, no time like the present to jump in. I've been tuning each of my 6s lower and lower (5 in total... and that's after thinning the herd too), and I'm a bit of an Ibby geek, so my best bud and I swapped my S6570Q for his 7-string, the S5527QFX in the doom green burst. It was just a temporary trade to play around and record with different-ish guitars, but like I said: I've been bitten by the bug! I live in Ottawa, and there isn't too much in the way of ERG players here (at least that I've met since moving here), but yeah, I'm new and the scene is decent!

So, I'm stoked to check out some stuff, learn a bit, have someone yell at me... the usual suspects from forum life. Just be thankful I stopped asking my tech to re-slot the nuts so I can tune down to B, Bb, and A, and can just fully embrace the extra-stringed life :) cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I live in Ottawa, and there isn't too much in the way of ERG players here (at least that I've met since moving here), but yeah, I'm new and the scene is decent!
We're around. :)

I've noticed a lot of folks around here seem to just drop tune and call it a day, but there's a handful of 7s-in-standard players around if you're looking for em. If that 5527 ever goes for sale, come find me - I've been keeping my eyes out for a prestige-level S-7 for a while now. Been using an S7420 for a long time, and I'd gladly upgrade to a prestige version if they were easier to get my hands on.

TreyK

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
We're around. :)

I've noticed a lot of folks around here seem to just drop tune and call it a day, but there's a handful of 7s-in-standard players around if you're looking for em. If that 5527 ever goes for sale, come find me - I've been keeping my eyes out for a prestige-level S-7 for a while now. Been using an S7420 for a long time, and I'd gladly upgrade to a prestige version if they were easier to get my hands on.
Ah, nice to meet you!

Yeah, the secret sauce if you're drop tuning will always be a proper set-up, but man once I played his S7 (A# standard, lovely set up) it was honestly a "game over, man" moment. I'll buy a topline production 7 first before thinking about anything custom (trying an E-II M-II 7 this weekend!), but if you know of any "oh man, you gotta try x guitars, they're great" then throw a rec my way.

If I ever hear about him wanting to let it go, I'll remember you for sure - I didn't dig the colour tbh, and when the $ is on the table I want the guitar to look as good as it sounds. But the sound of it dude: it was one cable into the front of the amp, and turned up... and it sounded massive! (pickups were lundgren m7, fwiw)

Cheers from Barrhaven :)

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
(pickups were lundgren m7, fwiw)
I juuuuuuuuuust finished ripping m7s out of my RGD3127 because I hated them, hah.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the weird colours they've put on the S7s either, but the shape and the neck profile have been my jam since I grabbed one like a decade ago. My S7420 with a CL/LF set in it is probably my best sounding guitar, even if the prestige-level 3127 plays much better and has the same pickups in it now. That's why it feel like if I run into any of the prestige level S, I gatta jump on it. Best of both worlds.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey all! I've been bitten by the ERG bug, so I figured rather than be a long-time watcher of this forum from afar, no time like the present to jump in. I've been tuning each of my 6s lower and lower (5 in total... and that's after thinning the herd too), and I'm a bit of an Ibby geek, so my best bud and I swapped my S6570Q for his 7-string, the S5527QFX in the doom green burst. It was just a temporary trade to play around and record with different-ish guitars, but like I said: I've been bitten by the bug! I live in Ottawa, and there isn't too much in the way of ERG players here (at least that I've met since moving here), but yeah, I'm new and the scene is decent!

So, I'm stoked to check out some stuff, learn a bit, have someone yell at me... the usual suspects from forum life. Just be thankful I stopped asking my tech to re-slot the nuts so I can tune down to B, Bb, and A, and can just fully embrace the extra-stringed life :) cheers!
Welcome!

Stiman

Reaction score
Welcome. Also from Ottawa here.
Not a lot of S on the used market here. I'm constantly looking for my first S.

')