Hello from Seattle!!!!!

scorch15

AngelOfTheBeast
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm a 14 year old named Zach who plays the almighty schecter hellraiser C7FR, with a black paint job, I am currently playing heavy metal and other types of metal lately such as cannibal corpse, trivium, metallica, nevermore, and darkest grace. I am currently recieving instruction from the lead guitarist of darkest grace, Nick Woodward. I have beeen playing for about three years, and playing 7s since Christmas. I'm am currently constructing a band called affliction, and will keep you posted once we record some material.
My biggest influences are kirk hammet, synster gates, jeff loomis, Kerry king, and nick Woodward. My style uses plenty of fast chugging, alternating strings, spider fingering, and 4,5,6,7 string arpeggios. Great to be part of this site and I hope to get to know you guys well.

Fly Free And Rock On!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I used to live in Bremerton back in the early 80s. Seattle is such a nice city. Welcome! :hbang:

scorch15

AngelOfTheBeast
Reaction score
:welcome:

whats spider fingering?

Spider fingering is an alternate way of playing chords in a fast way without barring multiple strings, dave munstaine is the only guy I can think of that uses them right now. But anyway, for example; start with a power chord on the 4th fret of 'A' then a chord on the the 3rd fret of 'E' and then a chord on the forth fret of 'E' and the you keep doing this up the neck. It can be a strain at first if you don't power chord too often, but try it out, it's pretty cool. Ask if you have any more questions :shred:

:welcome:

whats spider fingering?

Spider fingering is an alternate way of rapidly playing chords than the average guitar playing, dave munstaine is the only guitarist that I can think of that does this. Anyway a practice that you can do to get used to it is starting with a powerchord on the 4th fret on the 'A' string, then right after that play a power chord on the 3rd fret of the 'E' string then strike a powerchord on the 4th fret of 'E' then repeat the process starting on 'A' again one fret up, just repeat this process up the fret, then you can just kinda throw this into riffs as you please.
If ya have any more questions just ask :shred:

Of I forgot, try to link all the chords in the practice I showed you together and fluedly.

moved becuz of a bunch of BS. I am already planning on getting the money together to go back :lol:

Yah man come back, haha, we might even mosh together one day and we won't even know it's each other :lol:

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Hoi!! A slightly belated :welcome:

(Also, Dave fully explains "Spider Chords" in his interview with Dave Navarro - its on YouTube :) )

Reaction score
I think James Hetfeild does this also, the spider fingering thing.

and hell we may have already crossed paths man :lol: have you ever went to the Tukwilla?

')