Hello!

dannyduarte

Reaction score
Hi! I have been registered in this forum for quite a while now and I never introduced myself so sorry for the giant delay :squint:.

I am Daniel but my friends call me Danny (or Dani here in Portugal).
I started playing guitar at the age of 18 because I simply saw one rather cheap guitar (7 string Harley Benton) and wanted to make some noise:shred:.
An awkward place to start you might say and really it was since I learned to play with no help or lessons.
Over the years the guitar gave me a lot of headaches and eventually I bought an Ibanez grgr121, which was the best thing I ever did. The quality difference is huge compared with the Harley Benton and although I miss the extended range of the whole seven strings I just can't go back. Not because of the number of strings you see but because of the rest. I will eventually buy a 7 string Ibanez when I have some money but it is not a priority.
My first amplifier was a 10watt Behringer GM108 and latter I bought an stereo 30watt Behringer GMX210. Many people don't like Behringer but I love the sound on this ones. The quality of some parts is questionable and could be damaged if not careful with the material that's for sure.
I also have a bass! A Yamaha RBX375, I am not really a committed bassist but I got a good deal and its useful to record my stuff on the pc (I'm using a fast track usb by the way).

I am also a metal singer. I have been in some bands, either as singer, guitarist or bassist but now I just record stuff with a friend at home and we do not play live as I don't have much time because I'm in college studding computer engineering.
And that's it for my story! (I think :scratch:)

Please check out our sound on "palcoprincipal.sapo.pt/ledo_lice" The project is called "Ledo Lice", Ledo is a Portuguese word that means joyful or happy for those who are curious :ugh:.
Feel free to tell me what you think, the 2 songs on there are kind of alternative metal but we will try to record some progressive stuff some time soon :lol:.

Regards,
Danny

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts