Hello

• Thread starter Karl Hungus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Donnie, glad to be here.

What do you think of my new baby? She's a beaut, isn't she?

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah man, those 1527s are sweet. I had the first version with the more purpleish color. I deffinately like the bue one better.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, it is a nice finish alright, looks black from certain angles:

Ibanez1.jpg

Yep, that's the same guitar!

You should hear that baby through my Nomad though, there's some amazing bass response altogether.

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sweet.
I see they have the case like EBMM has where you can keep the trem bars on while it's cased.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
I've barely had it in its case at all I've been playing it so much!

Lovely case though, I'd nearly leave the guitar on my rack and go to sleep in it if I was a midget.

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:D I'm the same way with my JP7 cases. They look so soft and comfortable.
When my girlfriend finally kicks me out for buying to many guitars, I'll atleast have something to sleep on. :lol:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Karl Hungus said:
Just a quick hello.
right back at ya!

Karl Hungus said:
You should hear that baby through my Nomad though, there's some amazing bass response altogether.
ahh, another Nomad owner :hbang:

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
Donnie said:
:D I'm the same way with my JP7 cases. They look so soft and comfortable.
When my girlfriend finally kicks me out for buying to many guitars, I'll atleast have something to sleep on. :lol:
that arm contour is probably better for your back than most mattresses :D

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Leon said:
ahh, another Nomad owner :hbang:

Yeah, I find that a bit odd... Was browsing the gear forum, and it seemed a lot of people had them. What's the story with that? Are they more suited to 7 String guitars, or is it all one big coincidence?

What kind of setup do you use with yours?

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Karl Hungus said:
Yeah, I find that a bit odd... Was browsing the gear forum, and it seemed a lot of people had them. What's the story with that? Are they more suited to 7 String guitars, or is it all one big coincidence?

I think it's a matter of taste, quality, and price. Most guys on here seem to really dig the Mesa sound for guitar, especially us heavier players. Nomads are great quality combos at a pretty reasonable price, so I can definitely see how so many on here have 'em.

You want to hear a Nomad played well, check out the song "Alien Love Child" by Drew Peterson in the jukebox. Drew's a great player and has a beautiful, bluesy guitar tone.

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
Karl Hungus said:

it seems to be one big happy coincidence :D

i usually jog back and forth between channel three's modern and vintage mode. my treble is about 5~6, my mids 4~5, bass 5~6, and presence 7~8. the gain and channel volume i tend to play around with, but the gain never goes higher than about 7~8. there's a page for Nomad settings that Keith has set up...

http://users.tmok.com/~keith//nomad/

...which you've probably seen already, since it's a stickied thread :D

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Leon said:
it seems to be one big happy coincidence :D

i usually jog back and forth between channel three's modern and vintage mode. my treble is about 5~6, my mids 4~5, bass 5~6, and presence 7~8. the gain and channel volume i tend to play around with, but the gain never goes higher than about 7~8. there's a page for Nomad settings that Keith has set up...

http://users.tmok.com/~keith//nomad/

...which you've probably seen already, since it's a stickied thread :D

Yep, seen that page already, I think I saw it back on ERG.
Big coincidence though?

I've got my Nomad set up just the way I like it at the moment. Basically I play a lot of Death Metal, so I mainly use a Boss MT-2 Metalzone (Very under-rated pedal I must say) through the clean channel and I get some of the most downright explosive, brutal tones for stuff like Carcass, Death and all that, then I just lay off the Pedal for cleans (Awesome cleans on the Nomad! :bowdown: ) channel 2 is set up for a nice bluesy sound, and channel 3 is a more rock sound.

To tell the truth, I was thinking of selling it recently, hoping to get an amp that was more suited to the extreme distortion I wanted for the serious Death Metal playing, but I just plugged in the Metalzone, and *BAM* :hbang: Absolute firebreathing tone!

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
i've experimented with the distortion settings on my pedal (ART XtremePlus) and the clean channel, and it is definitely nice! what i like about it the most, as far as it's contrast to the channel 3 + little overdrive, is the compressed sound. the channel 3 sounds that i get are more open, and great for rock. but when i need something cleaner for faster rhythm work, i go with the clean channel plus heavy distortion from the pedal.

this amp just plain rules :p

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Which Nomad do you have btw? Mine is the 45 1x12 Combo. The cleans are absolute fantastic on it, don't you think? Pristene and shimmering sums it up perfectly I think. Extremely versatile amp now that I've got what I want for my Death Metal tone.

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
45 2x12

someday when i'm not so poor, i want to get an extension 2x12 for it.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Leon said:
45 2x12

someday when i'm not so poor, i want to get an extension 2x12 for it.

Heh, someday I might have an ENGL Fireball and 4x12, but untill that day, I'm fairly set with my rig as it is.