Hello!

• Thread starter Couch Metal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Couch Metal

Reaction score
Been checking out many threads on SevenString for a while. My name is Phil from Portland, OR. CouchMetal because that's where the shred occurs daily at my house. I've been into guitars since I was probably 13. I've had lots of different gear over the years and probably around 25 or so guitars over my life. Thanks to this site, I have more gear and guitars in my future.

Self taught along the way, with somewhat of a good ear. Death metal is my calling and has been an addiction throughout my life. My first ever death metal cd was Morbid Angel Blessed Are the Sick when cd's had that really tall skinny box. I still have some of those boxes that came with the cd's at the time because they were/ are cool. Anybody recall Music to Mangle Your Mind?

One horrible part of my history was having to sell my Dual Rectifier and 4x12 because an ex drank all the rent money away. That crushed my guitar spirit for a while.

Nowadays, I'm playing a 7 and 6 string Jackson with a crappy 1x12 Marshall and a bunch of pedals.
I don't plan on playing in any band or impressing anyone with my skills. My wife seems to enjoy the daily brutality from the living room and that's all I need.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Morbid Angel are great, more of a Gateways to annihilation guy myself.

Latest posts