Help! Broken string

• Thread starter Jimmy Djents
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ohkay so today I was playing with my guitar, and my sixth string broke. It normally wouldn't be a big deal except for that I put these strings on four days ago, and I need to play today. However, it's Thanksgiving and no music shops in my area are open. I've already sent an email to ernie ball but that doesn't really help my situation. Any suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Not sure if new or just trolling...

How could you possibly make the assumption that I'm a troll? I need to play today, but no music shops are open on Thanksgiving day, which is today and I'm asking if anyone has any suggestions such as if anyone in the portland/vancouver area has a sixth string or even a set or regular electric strings they'd be willing to sell or give to me etc.

If you don't have anything useful to say then please, refrain from replying.

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
By 6th string I assume you mean the highest one. The best way to stop this happening: always have a second set of strings on hand.

Force

Jackson Addict
Reaction score
If its a floyd that requires you to cut off the string balls to clamp them in and the string has snapped near the bridge, just unwind the string enough to clamp it back into the bridge.

74n4LL0

I'm a robot...
Reaction score
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well you can try something different like an Open G tuning (Gdgbd)
Or you can tune by 5th tuning (A E B F# C#) so you recover some range that you loose with the broken string

That or (imagining you have an unlimited budget) you can take a plane to mexico where thanksgiving is not celebrated

MGasparotto

Breaker of G strings
Reaction score
Put an ad on kijiji and say it's urgent. In a place like vancouver I'm sure you'll find somebody that can get you one ASAP.

Speedblooddeath

Reaction score
How could you possibly make the assumption that I'm a troll? I need to play today, but no music shops are open on Thanksgiving day, which is today and I'm asking if anyone has any suggestions such as if anyone in the portland/vancouver area has a sixth string or even a set or regular electric strings they'd be willing to sell or give to me etc.

If you don't have anything useful to say then please, refrain from replying.

Well needless to say it was only meant to be a harmless joke...

')