HELP*Can't get intonation right on custom build

• Thread starter meeeeeeeee
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

meeeeeeeee

Reaction score
thanks for the replys again guys.

what i did was get a bare body with nothing inside or attached, stick a neck on i had, a spare pickup and the same with all the other parts to make some sort of cobbled together frankenstein ibanez out of spare parts. Not much thought went in, but i was pretty sure i the bridge was out when i stuck it on.. i just didn't account for just how wrong i got it.

i'll have to take the thing apart i guess and give it another try.

ixlramp

Reaction score
If you now intonate it so the 13th fret is an octave above the open note, you can play in 13 tone equal temperament, which sounds really sick, it sounds like this ...

meeeeeeeee

Reaction score
90% of you that have 'contributed' to this thread are utter c***s. Thanks to the people who actually tried to help out.

ECGuitars

Reaction score
Dude that's not really called for, name calling will only get you suspended probably:/ Like the others said, from what I gather you stuck a 24 fret neck in a 22 fret body joint. That messes with the scale length pushing the neck back by about a half inch. In order for your guitar to intonate at the appropriate spot you must move the bridge forward to accommodate. Measure 12.75 from the twelfth fret, because that is half of 25.5, and mark that distance on the body. Now, set your saddles on your bridge so they are at there middle point from being fully extended. That is where you will have to relocate the bridge. Drill the holes and screw it in, then set the intonation like you would normally. Hope this helps dude

meeeeeeeee

Reaction score
Man, that helps so much and is by far the best thing i have had said to me since registering on this forum. Much appreciated.

ixlramp

Reaction score
If you now intonate it so the 13th fret is an octave above the open note, you can play in 13 tone equal temperament, which sounds really sick

Hey man! :) I wasn't making fun of you, I was serious. I'm a microtonal enthusiast and have been thinking about moving the bridge on a guitar to play in 13 or 14 Equal Temperament :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')