Help choosing a good pair of studio headphones

Imdeathcore

noob bear
Reaction score
right now i'm thinking about selling my low range krk rockits 5 because the room where i am now is not conditioned even a little and my neighbors are fucking annoying about the ''noise'' when i have to crank up the volume( i live in a small room in an apartment i'm not in my home country for now)
thats why i have to get a good pair of studio headphones instead of my krk for mixing and that kind of stuff.
i'm between the ATH-M50S and The AKG K240..but its hard to choose the best option for me. what do you think? any other suggestions??

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

matthewm94

Reaction score
I would go for the ATH-M50s, I've never tried them but I am looking at headphones in this price range and thats what I narrowed it down too. Alex Wade (ALexWC on this forum i believe) from whitechapel has these headphones aswell so you could pm him for more info.

Monsterhulk

Reaction score
Hi ...

as i am considering by myself wich to buy here are my favorites at the moment

Sennheiser HD25 CII
AudioTechnica ATHM50
Ultrasone PRO750

... i only recommend LISTEN TO THEM in the store ... stick some music to em you realy know and listen to them ...

You can t buy em just someone tells you THEY ARE BEST ... trust your ears and watch a flat as possible response cause you ll have to use them A LOT

Greatz M

ZEBOV

Banned
Reaction score
Sennheiser HD800. I've heard them. They're good enough to make you jizz in your pants. I think they're worth the price.

Andii

Reaction score
Western NC in a secret lair high on the mountain
Another vote for the ATHM50

They can be trusted for absolutely anything.

What you hear is what you get. The low frequency reproduction is amazing. They reveal problems in the low end that my monitors won't even reproduce.

The low end is where the problem lies in most headphones all the way up the price range. The ATHM50s reveal everything and they stand alone in that. I would get something more expensive(my budget for monitoring goes all the way up the price range) if I thought there was anything better out there, but I don't believe there is.

Another plus is that due to their impedance and powerful motors you can get familiar with them using your consumer devices. You will be able to hear the difference between the headphone amplifiers in devices with these. My phone, zune, Ipod, interface and netbook all sound different.

They are really enjoyable for listening to music.

The price of these is the most mind blowing value in the audio/recording market.