Help choosing a new Ibanez...

• Thread starter smethubd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

smethubd

Reaction score
Cool, I think that after all of the recommendations it is still a pretty even race for the Iron Label or the S8. I really do wish I could try to carvin stuff or the schecter though. I feel like it would help me get the feel of some other 8's.

Reaction score
Have in mind tho that the S8 pickups are in a wierd size, and people apparently run into trouble while putting in new ones. Maybe Bare Knuckle could do some custom work for them to fit, but then we're talking about some extra $$. Other than that the S8 is a damn good guitar.

The RGA8 is actually really good. But the stock pickups are really muddy. To me, it's a big + with the fine tuners on the bridge.

I'd go with the Iron Label. It's good to go and don't really need any mods to be awesome.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Iron label is the highest quality out of the bunch, unless you were willing to go SLS, in which case I'd vouch for that all day. Those things aren't like your old Schecters. They're entirely new beasts.

smethubd

Reaction score
Well, I have to put the new 8 on the back burner for a while. I got shafted for the trade in value at the shop and will probably try to trade on here or sell my h-308 outright. They tried giving me $200 for my like-new guitar and a 1x12 acoustic troubadour amp.

')