Help choosing my first Seven?

• Thread starter CloudAC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
Well its coming close to my time on buying a 7 string guitar. For quite a while I've had my eyes set on a Xiphos XPT707FX. It seemed great, neckthru, awesome shape, decent pick-ups and such.

I know it WILL be an amazing guitar.

However. What has began to become more and more GAS-ful for me now is a natural finished super-strat... I don't know why but the beauties I see on this site that people buy or build just blow me away. I have a secret love for natural super-strat's now...

Chances are I would buy a natural 7 over the Xiphos! However I can not seem to find one anywhere... Can someone point me in the right direction? Or recommend something totally different but the same price-range as the Xiphos maybe?

Anything will help, I love opinions! A good brainstorming might be what I need right now tbh!

Keep in mind I live in the UK so I think some companies I can not go with... But there must be something

Something like Canuck Brians GORGEOUS custom....

Id prefer a ebony fretboard, non gloss finish. Im not really picky on anything else since its my first...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheAmazingBlob

Reaction score
I can't think of any production natural 7's off the top of my head (someone else might know of some), but you might want to consider just buying one, stripping the paint off of it, and putting some tung oil or something over it. Alternatively, you could buy an Ibanez neck and get a replacement body built with the woods of your choice from one of the many custom builders on here. I think bodies sans electronics usually aren't all that expensive, maybe a couple hundred dollars? Depending on the builder and materials of course.

Hope that helps, good luck :)

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
Thank you, unfortunately I like in the UK so it would have to be a dealer I could deal with easily on shipping terms..

Also I am not so sure I could be so confident on stripping the paint. Is there a guide anywhere that could help me do so?

A natural finished Xiphos? Insane droolage... O_O

Like this! GASSSS!! Gorgeous...

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
Perfect except it has a Lic. Floyd... Im looking for a Hardtail for my first 7 and even if I did... Agile arent available in the UK :(

Reaction score
Perfect except it has a Lic. Floyd... Im looking for a Hardtail for my first 7 and even if I did... Agile arent available in the UK :(

The Septor model is the same thing but hardtail with passives and i believe they are going to do a custom run of that aswell soon.
You can have them shipped gunna cost alot more but they are great guitars so it's definetly worth it.

redlol

Reaction score
^this. youll save a ton of cash trust me, i imported my c7-saved over £200

')