Help choosing my new amp.

jesebullet

Reaction score
I'm going to buy a new amp and I want something with tubes but I live in Mexico and find good deals on gear is ...ing difficult, so I'm between a Spider Valve Mk1 and a Bugera 333xl infunitum. I mainly play metal, death metal metalcore. Which one of these amps do you recommend me? Thanks and sorry for my poor english.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
I'm going to buy a new amp and I want something with tubes but I live in Mexico and find good deals on gear is ...ing difficult, so I'm between a Spider Valve Mk1 and a Bugera 333xl infunitum. I mainly play metal, death metal metalcore. Which one of these amps do you recommend me? Thanks and sorry for my poor english.

IF you are looking at the spider valves go for the MKII.

WarMachine

Reaction score
What about a peavey valveking 100? Cheap (even more so used), reliable and very versitle.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure what your price range is, but a Peavey 6505 2x12 combo is only $600 USD shipped. They are one of the most often used and reliable amps on the market.

If cheaper, I've heard good things about the Bugera 6260 2x12 combo ($279 USD, Infinium model is $500 USD), but quality control may be an issue.

Ibycan7

Reaction score
I would go with the Bugera, with 6L6s (it comes with EL34s) for the sound you are looking for. I find this amp to be very versatile. It can get super nasty and heavy with the right settings. my band mate uses one and it sounds great. Get a Noise Suppressor pedal if you can. the higher the gain, the noisier it gets.

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
6505 1x12 combo. Goes for about 400 uSeD in the us. Plus get something like a V30 or a clone of that and you're set.

jesebullet

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I think i will go with bugera. I already have a spider iii for practice, but I don't like it for band rehersals or playing live, I don't know if tube version would make a difference, but watching videos 333xl sounds great. 6505 112 used combo here in Mexico is like $700 usd, so bugera is an affordable option.

vick1000

Reaction score
See if you can find a Ypyr Tube 120H, they go for $300-$400 here and do any metal genre really well.

I would stay away from Bugera, unless you are getting it from a place with great return policy, and you live near a Bugera service center. They are really hit or miss on reliability.

Another good option is a used Peavy XXX or 3120.

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I think i will go with bugera. I already have a spider iii for practice, but I don't like it for band rehersals or playing live, I don't know if tube version would make a difference, but watching videos 333xl sounds great. 6505 112 used combo here in Mexico is like $700 usd, so bugera is an affordable option.

Honestly I would go for the Spider Valve. As far as I know it has V30's so you wouldn't need to change speakers. Also, if you're going used, forget about the Bugera. If it breaks then you're left with a broken amp and you can't change it.