Help: hard case for Jackson Soloist/Dinky

The Silent Man

Savatage,Evergrey, Shadow Gallery,Vanden Plas fan
Reaction score
2914108592_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

I might need a hard case, since Jackson does not include any case with the Pro Series Soloist.
I have a very limited budget and I can't afford the Jackson branded Dinky/Soloist case, but I don't want a soft gig bag - it's a neck-through model and I care about it.
I live in Europe and I am looking for a case, good enough for that pointy headstock but not too large: I don't want the guitar to move inside.

The body shape reminds me of the Ibanez RG and Fender Stratocaster, but the headstock is very different and I don't know its exact measures.
Can anyone help?

Any Dinky and Soloist owners with non-Jackson cases?
Shall I look for Stratocaster cases?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Silent Man

Reaction score
Take it to a shop and buy the cheapest case it fits in. If the shop prices are too high, write down the model number and order online. Don't forget to try used cases too.
The guitar has been back-ordered and there are very few shops in this area. I might be forced to buy on-line.

@yellowv is right though. It should fit in almost all cases meant for Strats and similar.
Even with that headstock? It looks "horizontally" big.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/299-6100-506--jackson-dinky-soloist-case

There you go. Fits ANY Jackson Soloist or Dinky. I wouldn't use any other case since this is custom fitted for the Soloist and Dinky bodies and will protect it all around.

Hope you enjoy your guitar. I have a USA Soloist and plan on getting a Pro Series Mick Thomson Soloist within in a few months.

Enjoy your Jackson :agreed::dime::mf666:

The Silent Man

Reaction score
Yes I use a strat case for both a soloist and a dinky reverse, depending on which one I take with me.
Interesting. I will look for Stratocaster molded cases...

Hope you enjoy your guitar. I have a USA Soloist and plan on getting a Pro Series Mick Thomson Soloist within in a few months.
Enjoy your Jackson
Thanks! I can't wait to receive it. It's my first Jackson, after many Ibanez and a ESP.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Interesting. I will look for Stratocaster molded cases...

Thanks! I can't wait to receive it. It's my first Jackson, after many Ibanez and a ESP.

Well you will love it very much once you get it and please let me know how the Seymour Duncan Distortions work out. I am in the market for new pickups and that set is one on my list of many.

Also If I were you, if you like the jackson and the brand and such, I would look into saving some money and buying a used USA Jackson that is where you get a great quality guitar.

The Silent Man

Reaction score
Well you will love it very much once you get it and please let me know how the Seymour Duncan Distortions work out. I am in the market for new pickups and that set is one on my list of many.
I fell in love with the Soloist neck, in spite of the amazing Ibanez necks I got used to.
I will let you know about the Seymour Duncan. I read the clean sounds are awesome as well, making the guitar a very versatile one - definitely what I am looking for.

A used USA Jackson is not easy to get on this side of the planet...

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
It'll fit in a strat case, however, it will be loose due to the 7/8 size. This would make me nervous. Official Jackson cases are a little on the expensive side but they do fit pretty much perfectly.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
I fell in love with the Soloist neck, in spite of the amazing Ibanez necks I got used to.
I will let you know about the Seymour Duncan. I read the clean sounds are awesome as well, making the guitar a very versatile one - definitely what I am looking for.

A used USA Jackson is not easy to get on this side of the planet...

Well if you like the pro series I would definitely keep an eye out for the USA's if you are series about that top quality stuff. Otherwise the pro series are not a bad option either! No elitism here man

The Silent Man

Reaction score
Oh man Jackson's will change you if you love them.
For many years I was able to buy exclusively on-line and I sticked to Ibanez because I knew the necks are (more or less) fantastic.
I thought I had my favourite guitar company, until I travelled and I could finally try a 7-string Jackson Soloist. I fell in love with the neck: so smooth, so fast, so comfortable. And those crisp clean sounds...

It'll fit in a strat case, however, it will be loose due to the 7/8 size. This would make me nervous. Official Jackson cases are a little on the expensive side but they do fit pretty much perfectly.
Of course they do. I guess I would be nervous with a universal case, but if it's for a Stratocaster then I guess it's still ok.

Last edited: