Help, Ibanez RG7620 scale problem

• Thread starter c0r3f1ght3r
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have one of these badass's and I love the neck, BUT I do not like the scale/bridge. Granted the Edge pro is awesome, but the issue I have is with tuning, cannot get B to intonate properly, and cannot tune lower because of the 25" scale. I don't want to get rid of this guitar, but I would like to be able to tune to 1-2 steps down, A or G. Is it possible to fill the cavity and put a non-trem bridge further back and have it be a 27" scale. I dunno all the technical aspects of guitar, but I have heard about people doing this before. Now if someone has a 27" scale they wanna trade for this guitar I may consider, unfortunately I dont have 100 posts to post it in the for sale section.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
There's a lot more than just moving the bridge back to get a 27" scale, all of the frets would have to be farther apart as well, so it's possible, but you would pretty much have to build a new neck to do so. If you want/can find one, you could buy a RG7421XL. It has the same neck profile as the RG762x's, just with a 27" scale from the factory.

Reaction score
Well I dunno then... I'm just pretty pissed off that I took it in to get it setup and they charged me 50$ for this crap, I was in a hurry for work when I picked it up so I didn't even check, but this setup is pathetic...

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
Well I dunno then... I'm just pretty pissed off that I took it in to get it setup and they charged me 50$ for this crap, I was in a hurry for work when I picked it up so I didn't even check, but this setup is pathetic...
That's why I always do my own set ups/tech work :agreed: Either way, you should still take it back and tell them to do their jobs correctly or refund your money.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What gauge string are you using to intonate B? Sometimes past like 65/68/70 you might have a problem because the string is really thick. Sometimes if the string is really thin and your pick attack is too much for it it'll never be able to intonate. Any tech who can setup 6 strings can setup 7 - thing is a lot of "techs" can't do either.

Reaction score
What gauge string are you using to intonate B? Sometimes past like 65/68/70 you might have a problem because the string is really thick. Sometimes if the string is really thin and your pick attack is too much for it it'll never be able to intonate. Any tech who can setup 6 strings can setup 7 - thing is a lot of "techs" can't do either.

I had the tech setup with GHS 9-58 BEADGBE, and it came back with the bridge not really level. I think I'm gonna take it back and have them resetup with thicker gauge, Ernie ball 10-52 with a 65 for bass.

sell2792

Reaction score
My bridge isn't even flush with the body yet as I was to lazy to set it up properly today, but even then its still got pretty much perfect innotation. However, I think mine is missing the locking studs...

Greatoliver

Looking to windward
Reaction score
I have intonated a 70 gauge string at A with a 7620. It is possible, your "tech" must have not been used to the Lo Pro. Shame you sold it :/

Alcoholocaust

Reaction score
I love 25 scale, and i play in G. I think the problem is string gauge/setup. You don't need an 8 string to tune low

')