Help - Identifying my first guitar (Especially Norwegian SS members)

Rashputin

Reaction score
So I had this peice of s"#¤ electric guitar when I was a kid. I sold it because of a bad case of GAS later, and now, many years later, I regret selling it. It was a black Hondo strat copy with no pick guard, three single coils and a rosewood neck. It sounded like %¤"#¤" and didnt stay in tune, it looked pretty cheap too.. I serously can't remember more than that about it. Do any of you know what this model was called?

It was my first guitar that I started playing Metallica riffs on as a kid and I regret selling it for that reason. I'd like to track it down, or one like it. I sold it in Lillehammer, Norway in like '94-95 or something. So for you Norwegian sevenstring.org members out there, let me know if you get your hands on, or see a black peice of s#¤"#¤ Hondo strat copy and I'll buy it from you!

It must have looked something like this:
hondo760.jpg

Thanks.

Rash

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. You want a black guitar that sounds like shit, plays like shit, looks like shit and dont stay in tune because thats what your first guitar was like? Haha. I guess you gave up on the warmoth dream then? :p

Rashputin

Reaction score
Let me get this straight. You want a black guitar that sounds like shit, plays like shit, looks like shit and dont stay in tune because thats what your first guitar was like? :p

Yes please Michael : ) Hondo ftw! That thing was a true piece of shit, and I loved it. Although Im mostly hoping to figure out what the model name was, I'm also hoping to one day see that shitty piece of shit again. It would be fun to have another piece of shit just like it as well, although obviously not as nice as having the actual piece of shit I had.

I often wonder what happened to all the gear I've sold through the years. A lot of it was shitty, but none of it as shitty as that Hondo man.:lol:

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought a telecaster many years ago, it was called fame hondo I think, or something like that.
He paid 400 NOK for it, haha.

I know where your g-flex is ;)

')