Help me choose a baritone!

Reaction score
It won’t let me include my links to the specs, so I guess you’ll just have to Google them..? Sorry about that.

Chapman ML1 Baritone or the ESP LTD Viper-201B?
Chapman has a better scale (28” vs. ESP’s 27) and the ESP has a better price. ($450 vs. ESP’s $350)

My biggest concern right now is pickups. I can’t find much about either set online, so I’m reaching out to you guys for help.
ESP LTD-150B/150N vs. Chapman Sonorous Zeros. Any experience with pickups from these guitars?
I really don’t want to have to replace anything in these guitars, so I’m most likely to go with whatever has the better sounding pickups.. and these guitars are nowhere around me, so I cannot try them myself.

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
the chapman pickups are pretty solid for stock pickups. I didn't like em as much as my agile baritone's stoc pickups but they're still solid. I'd go with that one if you're not too concerned with switching out the pickups anytime soon.

Reaction score
the chapman pickups are pretty solid for stock pickups. I didn't like em as much as my agile baritone's stoc pickups but they're still solid. I'd go with that one if you're not too concerned with switching out the pickups anytime soon.
Thanks for the reply!
I love some of the Agiles, but as of right now they have nothing good in stock in terms of baritone 6’s, except for a $500 Intrepid 30”. I mean, it’s a fucking awesome guitar, but idk if I want to commit to a 30” scale. I’ve played a 30 before and it feels more like a bass to me than a guitar.. Also I’m cheap af and my usual routine of odd jobs & succin behind the dumpster at Red Robin ain’t gonna get me that kind of play money anytime soon. Lmfao:yesway:

In all seriousness, I’m thinking the Chapman will most likely be the better guitar.. I just like the idea of saving $100 and being able to put that towards a Whammy!

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!
I love some of the Agiles, but as of right now they have nothing good in stock in terms of baritone 6’s, except for a $500 Intrepid 30”. I mean, it’s a fucking awesome guitar, but idk if I want to commit to a 30” scale. I’ve played a 30 before and it feels more like a bass to me than a guitar.. Also I’m cheap af and my usual routine of odd jobs & succin behind the dumpster at Red Robin ain’t gonna get me that kind of play money anytime soon. Lmfao:yesway:

In all seriousness, I’m thinking the Chapman will most likely be the better guitar.. I just like the idea of saving $100 and being able to put that towards a Whammy!
ehh chapmans and ltd are relatively comparable as far as quality ime. it's more a matter of which specs you like more. I find that LTD/schecter tends to offer better specs for the buck when compared to similarly priced guitars.

Reaction score
ehh chapmans and ltd are relatively comparable as far as quality ime. it's more a matter of which specs you like more. I find that LTD/schecter tends to offer better specs for the buck when compared to similarly priced guitars.
Thanks again from the input. I actually recognized your name from YouTube. I watched a video of yours where you play a Mushok with Bareknuckles (I think..?)

Latest posts