Help me choose my Balaguer PME board!

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Way I figure, if you're paying for PME then get something representative of what makes PME unique. One and two remind me, like someone else mentioned, of Zebrawood- which I prefer over PME for the texture, but not especially the appearance.

Gonna be a sick axe either way.

Edit: I can't read even when I do get enough sleep.
You can read? Lucky!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
I think 1 too.

You gotta visualise this with frets (probably jumbo, despite the disturbing lack of Floyd).

Plus those in the upside down 2 camp need to consider whether the resulting busy-ness of the grain at the body end of the neck would either be obscured or look too busy with frets overlaid.

Any inlay is obviously out of tbe question, and I'd recommend LED side dots too, if you wanted them.

That was actually my exact reasoning. This guitar is gonna be pretty wide lol so I wanted to bring the busier side of the fretboard closer to the middle of the guitar where it's already pretty busy anyway as the frets and fretboard hit the neck pickup. As the pointys taper out having the less busy side of the PME taper out with the headstock I think looks really sleek.

Also Balaguer offers LED inlays? brb...

Unrelated but as someone pointed out, there is no trem on this build?

Bearitone

Reaction score
#2 hands down, and you know you’ll regret not going for it if you don’t. I’ve never seen a prettier piece of Pale Moon

Bearitone

Reaction score
That was actually my exact reasoning. This guitar is gonna be pretty wide lol so I wanted to bring the busier side of the fretboard closer to the middle of the guitar where it's already pretty busy anyway as the frets and fretboard hit the neck pickup. As the pointys taper out having the less busy side of the PME taper out with the headstock I think looks really sleek.

Also Balaguer offers LED inlays? brb...

Unrelated but as someone pointed out, there is no trem on this build?
See if you can find someone that will do fiber optic instead.

More robust system. If the light source goes out, you can replace it because it’s on the headstock. Fiber optic cables bring the light to all the different positions/dots on the neck.

')