Help me choose my Balaguer PME board!

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Alrighty, so I have a build in with Joe and the gang, and I need to pick one of these 3 boards. If you love PME, tell me which one looks best on this build. Whereas if you hate PME, tell me which one looks best on this build.

#107899 PME FB's.jpeg
IMG_1739.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
2 reminds me of my favorite fingerboard wood, ziricote. Love it. Of the remaining two, #1. For #3, I'd rather have zebrano.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
2 and you're on crack if you even CONSIDER the other two.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeap, definitely in the 2>1>3 camp as well

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
1 or 3, 2 is too busy for me
I agree.

If you want a really unique look then 2 is clearly the one.

I think 1 or 3 is better long term.... I feel like I'd get sick of looking at 2 over time, whereas 1 or 3 have a classier look that wouldn't get lumped in with things like exposed wood bevels or vomit burst burl tops.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I figured since it's a relatively simple looking build with an ironing board of a FB, a busier piece of wood might be cool to act as the centerpiece

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
Also in the 2 upside down camp. Considering the figuring out might also be worth planning the other side quick to see what the figuring is like there, PME changes very fast with depth.

Rubbishplayer

Forgive the typos...I'm all thumbs on this thing..
Reaction score
I think 1 too.

You gotta visualise this with frets (probably jumbo, despite the disturbing lack of Floyd).

Plus those in the upside down 2 camp need to consider whether the resulting busy-ness of the grain at the body end of the neck would either be obscured or look too busy with frets overlaid.

Any inlay is obviously out of tbe question, and I'd recommend LED side dots too, if you wanted them.

Last edited:

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Way I figure, if you're paying for PME then get something representative of what makes PME unique. One and two remind me, like someone else mentioned, of Zebrawood- which I prefer over PME for the texture, but not especially the appearance.

Gonna be a sick axe either way.

Edit: I can't read even when I do get enough sleep.

Rubbishplayer

Forgive the typos...I'm all thumbs on this thing..
Reaction score
Plus I gotta say, I think an 8-string neck looks a little chode-y for an offset V.

But hey, whatever floats your boat!

')