Help Me Design my ZOMBIE GUITAR!!! (56k = Braaaaiiiiins)

• Thread starter noUser01
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
So I've decided to take a black HSS Strat and make it a "zombie" guitar. I want it to look like a zombie and sound like a GOD!! I've got a mockup and lots of little ideas and brainstorms written down, but I'd like some help from you guys. The more ideas the better!

ZombieGuitar.jpg

So now that you're looking at the very first mockup, I've kind of gone with a worn Strat as the base look (Plastic will be much dirtier and the body will have more wood showing), with some blood splatters and masking tape "bandages" over top.

I'd like to do more, make it more theatrical looking, despite it looking badass already. I don't want to paint really fine details, and I don't want to cut any wood away, but still want to be able to do more to it like somehow add some ribs showing in it or something neat like that. Just an idea.

EDIT: I'm also bouncing around the idea of adding some green to the guitar, because green just screams zombie. Maybe green dirt on the plastic instead of brown? This color of green: http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx223/jay4321/bizarro%20srv/100_0541.jpg

Any ideas or suggestions on this visually would be AWESOME. Thanks dudes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Hey man, thanks for the kind words. Oh man, I've been sotcking up on my creepy music soundtracks from Resident Evil games, to Alice, to horror movie soundtracks... you name it! :D

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
Dude I think the pickguard looks too clean, maybe get a custom one made and 'dirty' it somehow? An aged brass one would look killer, but you could try something else.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Dude I think the pickguard looks too clean, maybe get a custom one made and 'dirty' it somehow? An aged brass one would look killer, but you could try something else.

I definitely agree. I'm torn between dirtying it with just brown dirt or green. Green has a more zombified look, but brown works too... tough call...

Reaction score
Scratch the shit out of the pickguard, then leave it in some dirt for a bit, then maybe the dirt will be sort of stuck in the scratches and look kind of cool?

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Scratch the shit out of the pickguard, then leave it in some dirt for a bit, then maybe the dirt will be sort of stuck in the scratches and look kind of cool?

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking as far as the dirt bit goes. I don't want to get dirty every time I play it, but I was hoping it would like seep into it somehow... haha.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score

You should purposefully put some cracks in the pickguard. Maybe some to the body too. Make it look like you got the Zombie Kill of the Week with your guitar. :shred:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I personally like it the way it is. Maybe put some bullet holes in it?

Pushingink

Reaction score
You could look for something called puff paint in a sort of moss or puke green and paint a small patch of the pickguard. Almost give it a mossy or infected look.:hbang:

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I personally would go with one of the worn LTD Strats. It would be cheaper than an MIM standard and a lot of the relic'ing would already be done for you. Also you could get a Floyd. A Zombie guitar needs a Floyd :)

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
I see that and I dont think of "zombies"... i think of "First aid"

I think a bloody hand print is in order on the body. If you wanna go extra creepy, get a little kid to do it :p

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Cool idea. :)

Seconded on the worn LTD. :)

Atomshipped

Reaction score
You could also look at something by AXL Guitars, they're very affordable and nail the distressed look. I've never played one but heard they're fairly decent. Apply bloody hand prints and you're set.

AXL Badwater SRO Distressed Electric Guitar w/EMG's - AS820-OW Off White - ZoZo Music

AS

They've got a lot more colors/finishes (in other words, different flavors of "beaten to shit") on their site, but most of them aren't HSS. It's definitely something to check out.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Hollow out some of the body (maybe just get a chambered body), fill it with ketchup packets and blast it with a shotgun.

If you want blood, you got it. :lol:

Seriously though? Why not get some Bare Knuckles with Battle-Worn covers (whatever they're called - or just anything knackered looking would do) for an even dirtier, nastier look? And definitely do some bandages around the horns etc, try and find a way of making them permanently stay on.

Latest posts

')