Help me identify this green dot universe

• Thread starter sunken0887
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sunken0887

Reaction score
so i put a used Ibanez Universe Green Dot on layaway at the Guitar center in my area, but i not really sure of its background as most of the time Guitar Center never knows much about the gear they buy

so here are a few pics i took

Green Dot HS.jpg

Green Dot body.jpg

Green Dot neck.jpg

Green Dot price.jpg
That is the price they are asking before tax

The serial number is 913442 and is made in Japan as it said on the neck plate

i mean the thing looks like its been around, some scratches and normal dings and what not, nothing i cannot live with, plays and sounds great as well, my friend told me b/c of the serial number it is most likely the 1991 model which i'm told is very desirable when looking at this model and the previous owner must have changed out the pickups as this model came with the Green covered dimarzio blaze 7s

but i'm posting this up here to get some more insight/signs/things to look for regarding what the year might be, if the price is good for the condition and year, if it is authentic and not a fake or what not, and if its worth it/overall a good buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
Modded 91 model from the looks of it. Comes with the OHSC as well…. go get it, fix it up and bring it back to life!!

sunken0887

Reaction score
yeah, if it's a 91 then thats totally worth it, i've heard in the "newer" models they started using cheap parts and poor quality woods

')