Help me learn some acoustic fingerstyle

• Thread starter zilla
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zilla

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
So i've been playing for a LONG time. i started on nylon string classical and then went to electric and haven't really gone back to accoustic in probably 30 years.

I would love to learn some fingerstyle acoustic. before i stopped playing classical i used to play Midsummer's Daydream by rik emmet/triumph. i'd love to learn more songs in this style.

also looking to learn stuff in this vein.

i have no idea where to even start to look for music for this style of guitar playing?

any suggestions or tips?

thanks

T

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Always looking for the same ... subscribed

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
Candyrat Records features tons of those artists, although many are technically way above what I'll ever be able to play.

One of my favourites is Craig D'Andrea, also easy to play:

Calum Graham also composes great stuff...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
Pardon my geekiness, but the Tristram Theme from Diablo is what I've been using to practise. The way it's composed, it almost plays like a guitar lesson. You start with basic chord strumming and kinda work your way up to the more complicated aspects of solo acoustic playing.